Assumptions

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2016 but it's good stuff - United States - Astoria

Today, a stranger nearly beat the crap out of my boyfriend for being a pedo. I ended up showing the guy my driving license to prove I'm not a pre-teen and that I'm just freakishly young looking. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 174
You deserved it 1 065

Top comments

Tell your boyfriend to shave his mustache and get rid of the white van. He should also stop advertising free candy.

I understand how he feels. My girlfriend is 22 and looks like she's about 14 because she is only about 5 feet tall and has a baby face. I constantly get crap from friends and relatives, and threats from other people. But if it's right, don't give up!

Comments

Tell your boyfriend to shave his mustache and get rid of the white van. He should also stop advertising free candy.

I feel your pain OP. People had mistaken my brother for my son, we are only 8 years apart. And it should be obvious we are siblings. Crazy. Sorry OP

Don't worry, when my sister and me are out in public people often mistake us as a couple. Wish people wouldn't jump to conclusions so much.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
anlong93 9

24, or you could just mind your damn business unless you see someone who has been reported missing, or is being abused in any way. But that's just me.

I understand how he feels. My girlfriend is 22 and looks like she's about 14 because she is only about 5 feet tall and has a baby face. I constantly get crap from friends and relatives, and threats from other people. But if it's right, don't give up!

I'm 20, look 12. When I visit my boyfriend, I'm definitely going to carry some ID around, at all times. Good god.

Same thing for me, I'm only 5'0 and without makeup I look like I'm 12.. I'm 22, so whenever my man and I go out I make sure to have makeup on to avoid any awkward stares.

Aww I know how you guys feel. I'm 20 and can look 16 or 22 depending on what I wear. I'm Asian, 5'2 and have a baby face and my boyfriend is 25, Hispanic and 6'1. We get stared at a lot espiecaly because we are interracial and I'm young looking. -__-

It's amusing for me, I'm 22, 5 ft and babyfaced and in Europe I get carded for 16+ things (such as a beer). But I'm living in Japan now, where I'm presumed to be at least 28. Baby Face vs Gaijin Effect : ( .

Round-eyes looking older than they actually are.

I know how you feel, sort of. My twin sister looks freakishly young and when she was in college a neighbor referred a middle school tutor to our house cause she looked so young. There was also a couple times I was mistaken as her mother, and mom was thought to be her grandmother. Or when she would put her hair up in pig-tails to get the children's discount. Good times. Well, good luck op!

As long as he loves you half as much as his cat who cares.

Are you the one who posted the fml right above this?

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Usually I feel bad for thumbs down comments, but I understand why this one is.

I had a really close friend that I hung out with all the time and she looks 10 years younger than me. I would get dirty looks all the time because we would go places and we'd hold hands and it was obvious we weren't siblings but we weren't dating. I look my age, which is 23. She looks maybe 12-13

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Yes because that's the issue here and that's obviously why he's attracted to her because she looks like a 12 years old .

Yes how dare anyone be in a relationship with someone who looks young. Anyone that looks young obviously has to stay single because anyone who wants to date them is apparently a pedo.

The_candyman 13

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

How nice, no relationships for us and we also can't he called pretty or beautiful because that makes whoever said it attracted to children. Seriously? Drop it. If someone isn't doing anything to little kids, they aren't a pedophile. Two consenting ADULTS do not equal a pedophile.

I'm in my mmid-20s and I still occasionally get offered the kid's menu at restaurants. It used to bother me, but I've never dated a guy more than 6 months older than me (not purposely, just happened that way) and I know my husband is only 5 months older than me, so I don't let it bother me anymore. Especially not after the night my stepdad took me to dinner because my mom and brothers were off doing something special for them and people thought I was his mistress or something. Even I was skewed out. We ate our food and left because we were both uncomfortable with people's assumptions although no one was outright rude.