Assumptions

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2016 but it's good stuff - United States - Astoria

Today, a stranger nearly beat the crap out of my boyfriend for being a pedo. I ended up showing the guy my driving license to prove I'm not a pre-teen and that I'm just freakishly young looking. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 176
You deserved it 1 067

Top comments

Tell your boyfriend to shave his mustache and get rid of the white van. He should also stop advertising free candy.

I understand how he feels. My girlfriend is 22 and looks like she's about 14 because she is only about 5 feet tall and has a baby face. I constantly get crap from friends and relatives, and threats from other people. But if it's right, don't give up!

Comments

monkeygirl18 5

Same shit happens to me I'm 19 but look 10 my best friend is59 people always give him shit

Thank god he stopped beating up your boyfriend.

I like how all these people have made this post about themselves. Don't be consoling or anything. Anyway, sorry about what happened OP.

They're sympathising with OP - people often do find this a consolation, apparently. Sort of "I know what you mean, I've had that problem too."

Wow. People need to learn their place.

Saluriel 12

Guys are always presumed to be pedos. It really sucks just for a father to be out with his son or daughter and get accused of being a child abductor.

You should probably start wearing a false beard.

SailorSolaris 43

I'm 26 myself, yet I still get mistaken for a 15 year old at times. Most likely due to my baby face and 5'2" height. It's annoying, so I definitely feel you, OP.

BE VERY CAREFUL that the creep wasn't just trying to get your home address

Are you the heroine of a slice of life anime because they always look way younger than their crush who ends up confessing at the end

My friend Julie had a good way to handle this. Julie was on our university track team and was only 4'8". She was a masters student and 26 years old but looked like she was 12. She had to wear children's clothes because adult sizes didn't fit her. Her husband was very shy and well over 6 feet. Julie also didn't mind being affectionate to her husband in public. If anyone made a comment or even a disapproving stare she would loudly rip into them, telling them she's 26 and that just because she looks younger she should still be able to hug and kiss her husband like any other married couple. She did this not so much because she was actually angry but to head off the comments and accusations at her husband.