And I oop

By porkers gonna pork :\ - 12/03/2016 15:09 - Australia - Elsternwick

Today, I met one of my fiancé's coworkers. Normally I'd never ask how far along someone's pregnancy is without being 100% sure they're not just fat, but she seemed fit. Well, I now know that virtually all the fat in some people's bodies can go straight to their gut and nowhere else. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 829
You deserved it 6 336

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Even if the person seems fit, you still NEVER ask, as bodies can be very deceiving. You should have listened to your own rule.

catwomam 15

I just follow the rule of never EVER asking ANY woman if she's pregnant unless the words "I am pregnant" come out of her mouth.

Comments

Especially with the choice of name you deserve it.

Lesson learned. Don't assume. Don't ask.

alecspangler 15

Now we're all just waiting on the FML that says "Today someone asked how far I was in my pregnancy. I'm not pregnant. FML" XD

andrmac 25

People if they just starting to put on weight start with the belly then then butt before it spreads at least in appearance. It does go everywhere, but that's just where it shows. Besides you really should let them open up to you about their personal life instead of guessing for them.

I don't think there was anyway you could've asked her to know if she was actually carrying without offending her in this case. You should never have asked OP

Pterydactyl 10

Maybe she just didn't have any idea she was pregnant! It happens sometimes, you'd be surprised how ignorant some people are about their bodies.

That's typically because they don't gain weight or not much of it. Which means op's assumption is still offensive.

Yeahhh if they didnt know they were pregnant they wouldnt LOOK it. Like pp said.

I'm one of those body types where ALL the fat is in my belly. No matter my weight, even when I was severely underweight as a teenager, I always had a pot belly. On the positive side, people have given me free pickles and ice cream sometimes.

Ah I have this too! It can be so annoying!

Mathalamus 24

That kind of fat is probably common. Also, you should not ask anyway.