We need to talk…

By Anonymous - 11/06/2014 21:38 - Australia - Granville

Today, I took a look at my 9-year-old daughter's diary, thinking it would be full of cute stuff. Instead, it was full of hateful rants against me and my husband, as well the boys at her school, who she called gay because none of them ever hit on her. It seems I've failed as a parent. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 591
You deserved it 20 753

Same thing different taste

Top comments

whiskeey 14

Yes OP you have failed as a parent for reading your 9 year old child's diary.

the first thing that came to mind was the movie "orphan" ....

Comments

You never, ever, read someone else's diary. Ever. That's one of the biggest dick moves you could ever pull. Diaries are private, only for the owner to view. Secrets are secrets for a reason, If they choose to share them, that's up to them. But other than that, stay out of anyone's personal shit. Seriously.

Quiet_one 22

I wouldn't worry too much about it. When I was younger I had a diary that I only ever used when I needed to vent about something. If someone found that diary, they'd probably think I was disturbed, but the truth is I just never felt the need to write down when I was happy.

Kristoffer 35

You haven't failed as a parent. You've just gotten a timely wake-up call. Take advantage of it before you actually do fail as a parent.

Maybe not going through personal stuff would have been a better idea... I know that shes your daughter and all but diaries are like a kids on place to share their secrets...

PearceIsFallen 6

All children's diaries are full of things like that! That's why you're not supposed to read them! This is their angriest times in life, and they can say things that they know doesn't make any sense because it's their one place no one's going to judge them. It's wrong for you to judge them for what they've written here. **** their life OP.

lasagnanarcotics 14

your daughter seems FRICKIN ILL, chill out (pop a few xannies) :)

Since I'm a guy diaries don't appeal to me. Anyway she didn't fail as a parent. Her daughter is influenced my her peers to act and think that way. Her daughter is growing up bitchy just like most females anyway. I don't see the point in pretending like it is strange.

tingtingmeg 12

she's going to be a handful when she gets older

what the **** does she have against gays! 9 years old! she has no right to talk shit about anyone

QueenofWheels 13

It doesnt say she hate gays just that she thinks it's the onlu reason a boy wouldn't like her.

9 years old don't need no boyfriend anyway ya bitch they ain't gay honey it's Cuzco u got cootiez