By Intoxicunt - 01/08/2010 18:51 - United States

Today, while tubing down the river, we stopped for lunch. I accidentally left my shoes on the sand when we left. I had to walk two miles through dense woods with no trail and no shoes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 732
You deserved it 31 798

Intoxicunt tells us more.

I did NOT go back to get them! God, can you people NOT read? Read ALL of the other comments where I explain what happened. I'll repeat it. I did not go back for them. Again, I did not go back for them. How many times do I have to ******* say it!?!?

Top comments

perdix 29

Why didn't you just tube right back up the river, like a salmon? That would have been some great exercise and easier on your poor, delicate, bare feet.

xesyeso 0

well atleast your shoes didnt get dirty! :D

Comments

that's y people invented water shoes so u don't have to take them off

op- you deserve it. you forgot your shoes & you paid the consequence. btw, you're bold as hell over the keyboard but you whine about walkin a couple of miles barefoot? interesting.

I'm "bold" in person too. I know I deserved it. I'm not "whining", I just think it's a fun story to look back on. The point of this site is humor. It's a "facepalm" moment; it's not like I think I'm too good to walk without shoes. Don't over-analyze the shit.

Allow me to clarify- if you think walking 2 miles barefoot is worthy of a FML post, then you are probably not as hard, bold, or any other adjective for tough as you think you are. And, yes, I find humor in the situation and in all of your subsequent posts on the matter. Plenty to be amused about. So, thank you & good job. Put some Epsom salt in your bubble bath- you'll be okay.

You know who else thinks this is worthy of an FML post? Me. Read the rules, please.

Again, walking 2 miles barefoot and posting a FML about it- I repeat- jeopardizes any claims of being bold, hard or any other adjective for tough. Yes, I'm glad you posted it- I find everything you have written here amusing, which is the point of the site, right? Great job. Epsom salt in your bubble bath & you'll be okay.

So because I think something is funny, I'm not bold? o_O Nice logic, buddy. Like I said, I know this is a YDI, and I am fully aware I have a nice cushy little life with nothing worthy of REAL complaining. I don't think I'm tough. Not by comparison to the majority of people. I don't know what gave you that idea. I talk exactly as I do on here in person. I am straightforward and bold. NOT tough, hardcore, or a badass. I got out of that "I'm such a hardass" phase years ago (thank god).

#1) I read the rules. FML is a "moment you feel is shitty enough to have ruined your day". By posting a FML, you allow others to comment FML or YDI or both. People who feel you deserve it or that it's not that serious, such as myself, are also entitled to share their opinions. #2) I called you "bold over the keyboard" because in your responses to some naysayers, you used words like "moron" and "sadistic asshole". That's what bold over the keyboard means. No one that hasn't met you offline has any way of knowing how you act in person. #3) Epsom salt. Soothing and softening. And check for ticks, fleas and all that grossness. That would b a fML, in my opinion.

Yeah, but on the front page, it also says "everyday screw ups". I consider this one of those. Yes, I'm bold over the keyboard. I just don't know what makes you assume I either think I'm a badass in person or that I am not bold in person. I consider the two different things. Epsom salt. That's an idea! I only got ticks on my clothes, luckily. My family, on the other hand..... :D

my bad- misquote on the words OP used in response to differing opinions. correction: "sadistic mind" "arrogant asshole" "**** off" "moron" etc Op- FYL because you said "we", implying that you were not alone and yet no one lent you their shoes, even for a while, or gave you a piggyback ride. The people you were with might be sadistic assholes, if they watched you forget your shoes and watched you walk without them.

please pardon the repeating posts. family. smh. that's why we get to choose our friends. rest up.

super facepalm. Just be glad you didn't step in a pile of shit :)

Hwikek 2

Did you check for ticks afterwards? Safety first

_TONGAN_ 5
whoknew10 0

why didn't you just leave you shoes? that's like SUPER dumb.

ArtIsResistance7 1

Lol :] Hey Intoxicunt, I can't help but laugh because I've been in almost the same situation. I was fishing and my boat ran out of gas, leaving me stranded. I went out into the forest wearing little clothes, thinking I'd just find the train tracks back to town. I ended up in a briar patch, lost my shoes, then got lost in a HUGE field of nettles. I finally found my way and got gas. The worst part was realizing I had to walk back to my boat barefoot, bleeding, with two full gas cans. Oh, and I fell into a bog while trying to avoid the nettle field, ruining my cell phone. I hope you can laugh at me and feel better...because I laughed at this FML.

yerpster 0

I misquoted you, OP. I meant to say that you responded with "sadistic mind" "arrogant asshole" "moron" and "**** off" even though those people did not call you foul names. But, after further analysis, FYL for the "we" in your story. You were with people who witnessed that you forgot your shoes and did apparently didn't offer you their shoes, even for a little while, or a piggyback ride. If anything, those are the people you might wish to consider sadistic minds and arrogant assholes, not soldiers who routinely go through harder stuff and don't consider a 2 mile walk in the woods w friends to be sufficient enough to ruin one's day.

u could of just went back and got them ??? duh