By notapetkiller - 26/07/2016 06:12 - United States - New Hyde Park

Today, while in the car with my mom, we accidentally ran over a dog that had sprinted into the road. Instead of stopping, my mom continued to drive as if nothing happened. Every time I tried to bring it up, she merely talked loudly over me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 977
You deserved it 1 628

Same thing different taste

Top comments

doctorwho143 3
askullnamedbilly 33

However, if you wish to be considered an adult, you have to take responsibility for your actions. That means if you hit someone's pet, you stop the car to see if there's a vet needed and try to locate the owners if possible. Just continuing driving and pretending nothing's happened is not only irresponsible, it's immature.

Comments

I honestly think she is having a hard time dealing with it and is in a denyal mode right now. Probably her way of dealing with the shock. some people run away from things that's too stressful/painful.

that is called a hit and run. illegal last i checked. your mom is a horrible person dude.

I know she's your mum, but... what a horrible woman!

My dog got ran over accidentally the other day and the person kept driving.... I hope your mom dies in a fire

Your mom probably will have PTSD for a while... refrain from making dog noises.

That's kind of an injustice to the family who now has to find their dog dead on the road themselves and go to sleep knowing somebody was so unforgiving that they just kept driving.

tolkien897 15

It's just a dog, man. No amount of stopping and saying "I'm sorry" is going to bring it back to life. There is no sense in worrying about it. I would hate it and be really depressed if my dog got ran over, but there is nothing the people in the car can do.