By emeraldapostle - 10/11/2018 14:26

Today, while dreaming, I was thirsty and grabbed a glass of water to drink. The taste was so horrible that it caused me to wake up and realize I was drinking the isopropyl alcohol I keep on my nightstand for my CPAP machine. All Poison Control had to say was, "Uh oh." FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 787
You deserved it 610

emeraldapostle tells us more.

Hey all, OP here. I'm fine, and Poison Control helped me out after saying, "uh oh." Now I keep my isopropyl somewhere besides my nightstand

Top comments

Gamessence 19

Maybe they said uh oh then said what to do. Op probably left out the what to do part to make it more comical


I highly doubt that all they had to say was uh oh. YDI for that lie.

Gamessence 19

Maybe they said uh oh then said what to do. Op probably left out the what to do part to make it more comical

weaboo 12

Have you never put water on the nightstand because if you keep the cup full of poison always on your nightstand then you can never put water there. Also, I don’t know how important it is to you but shouldn’t you put it somewhere else

Praying for you. I hope you’re ok.

What was the outcome? Did you die or can we please have a follow up :) I'm extremely curious

In those cases you need to drink milk. A lot. It neutralizes MOST household chemicals. Or, Alternatively, drink a litter of Coke. Squirt a lemon in your mouth. And you are ready to PARTYYYY ! Jk

Well That kind of Alcohol actually turns into Acetone in your stomach, it only takes a small amount to kill you

Clearly you're not a doctor. The treatment for isopropyl alcohol poisoning is ethanol. But hey - keep giving random advice!

That’s all they needed to say. The rest they said under their breath was, “Great, I’ve got another drunk over here!”

Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20

You do realize that alcohols are a chemical group and most of them are highly poisonous? In fact every Alcohol is poisonous. The only reason we cam drink ethanol, is that it's not poisonous enough to kill us before our body got it out of our systems.

Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20

And even if it was Ethanol, drink concentrated ethanol, you die anyways, because the doseage is just too high.

ViviMage 38

I use a CPAP and I don't rubbing alcohol. What do you use the alcohol for?

Probably sterilization. CPAPs are massive breeding grounds for bacteria.

I wanted to ask exactly the same question (also on CPAP). Disinfection is possible explanation... but why to keep that stuff in glass where it evaporates instead of a bottle?

I’m impressed that you managed to remove the mask for your CPAP machine and open the top of the rubbing alcohol (either a pop top or screw on) entirely in your sleep.

It was in a glass. He poured himself a nice glass of isopropyl alcohol before going to sleep, I guess because the childproof screw-top cap was too difficult to unscrew while sleepy?