By Anonymous - 13/05/2013 23:51 - United States - Quincy

Today, while doing a fun genetics game in Biology, I found out that I was adopted. Turns out the game wasn't so fun. FML
I agree, your life sucks 60 409
You deserved it 3 477

Same thing different taste

Top comments

then000bster 16

Ya know what you can say? Your parents picked you, other people just get what comes out :)

Honestly who cares? They love you, you love them, their your parents and your still their son, just not genetically

Comments

conqueror57 11

That whole, "Your parents CHOSE you," is a load of crap. They chose to adopt a child, at most they chose the couple placing a kid for adoption, but they were still stuck with whatever came out or the agency gave them. It's not like adoptive parents go to the store and say, "Oh that one looks nice!"

RedPillSucks 31

Actually, with some adoption agencies, you get to see the child (or pictures) first. Our son was 2 months old when we adopted him. So, sometimes it is exactly "Oh, that one looks nice"

conqueror57 11

You got to see him or pictures, but could you really have said, "Nah, he looks like he'll be a ginger. We'll wait for the next one?"

RedPillSucks 31

Yes. The agency rep brought out an album full of pictures of different kids. But to your point, we did say yes to the first picture we saw. It's hard to say no.

mimiminx 23

Watch out, kids! It's the FML police!

What does it matter if you were adopted? Does it really change anything? (If it does, you probably need to chill out and get some perspective)

MrClean17 15

Finding out the people who you thought you were related to really aren't? Yeah, no big deal.

I'd say it changes his whole life almost. Finding out that you aren't related to the people who raised you for your entire life, that's not exactly something to just shrug off.

I wouldnt come to any conclusion based on the grid test..genetics arent as simple as others are making out. DNA test is the only way to know for sure.

Unless the game prompted him to ask his parents and they then confirmed it.

OP, I know that not knowing where your origins lie suck but you still have a family who loves you. This is quite a cliché statement but it's very true: just because you're related to someone by blood, doesn't make them family. Keep that in mind if you ever do decide to look for your biological family. Good luck OP.

MrClean17 15

It's possible OP asked his "parents"

Be thankful someone was willing to accept you as their own, your so call real mom could've left you in the street!

oNisao 21

The "results" might be wrong. + does it really matter as long your parents love you as their own child? I'm sorry op, but ur lucky compare to other people who have no one.

That's definitely one hell of a way to find out. Sorry, OP.

#7 Probably OP found out he had a dominant trait and his parents had the recessive trait or something. Then at home he might have told his parents about it, and how odd that was... awkward silence ensued.