By fuckingcool - 18/08/2016 21:19 - United States - Farmington

Today, while at a baseball game, I was telling my friends about my underaged drinking experience at my sister's bachelorette party. It wasn't until I was done telling the story that I realized the Dean of my college was right behind us, looking right at me. So much for a good first impression. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 426
You deserved it 10 372

fuckingcool tells us more.

I never claimed that I was "cool" for drinking and I wasn't bragging only telling my friends about a fun experience I had celebrating my sisters engagement. I had gotten into a 21 and up club and I only brought it up because they had been sharing similar experiences that they had. Hop off your high horse and don't shame me for drinking underaged when people in Europe start drinking by age 16 the latest, I was 18. I didn't drive, I didn't get sloppy or make out with any strangers. I just had a fun night of dancing and some drinks with my sisters and her friends. Arrest me!

Top comments

And then, after glancing over your shoulder, you started in on your next story—a real whopper—about how an official at your high school once threatened to report you for a similar story, and they were never heard from again. Then you talked about all the interesting body-dissolving properties of hydrochloric acid and how much you'd like to get some to use "again" but you pretend to catch yourself and say, "not 'again'. I meant… in general. Ha."

Sorry that happened OP that is for sure bad luck, however unless you go to a small college maybe they won't remember the incident in a few weeks time. Good luck OP!

Comments

Wow, underage drinking, I wish I was that cool

I really want to hear your underage drinking story. Then we can decide if your dean was just really uptight, or impressed and intrigued.

PowerOfDin 15

Read the first sentence and immediately pressed YDI. It's not cool to brag about your underage drinking experience. You just sound stupid.

I can't think of a better place to be underage drinking than at a bachelorette party it's a fairly controlled environment there's adults around don't worry the dean has heard a lot worse

I never claimed that I was "cool" for drinking and I wasn't bragging only telling my friends about a fun experience I had celebrating my sisters engagement. I had gotten into a 21 and up club and I only brought it up because they had been sharing similar experiences that they had. Hop off your high horse and don't shame me for drinking underaged when people in Europe start drinking by age 16 the latest, I was 18. I didn't drive, I didn't get sloppy or make out with any strangers. I just had a fun night of dancing and some drinks with my sisters and her friends. Arrest me!

While I'm not judging you, OP, very few countries in Europe have their drinking age at 16. Most of them it's 18.

While the limit for buying and drinking alcohol is usually 18, a lot of countries have laws stating that you can drink wine/beer with a meal and an adult from 16!

it's 16 for beer and wine, 18 for spirits and everything else. beer and wine are still alcoholic beverages.

Sorry but what??? The legal drinking age in Europe is 18. Yes a lot of people break it but we DO NOT all break it. We don't even all drink. Such a snarky reply from an OP!

I didn't say the drinking age was 16 I said thats when they start drinking because unlike over here, they don't really care.

They do care, they just treat you like an adult earlier. American culture is stupid and act like you're kids for aaaages.

I know Scottish people and they have been drinking since 14

America care more because the brain don't stop growing until 21

Actually, it's more like 25 when your brain stops developing more quickly than it deteriorates. And in America, we tend to have more people who drink irresponsibly because it's treated so oddly.

sloog23 8

but well, don't forget, in America, even though you're not really considered an adult before 21, you can drive when you turn 16, where's the logic?

To be honest, it really surprised me that the Dean of the college would really care that much. I mean, when I was in high school, our teachers would be well aware that our school dances for sixth formers (aged 16 to 18) would involve everyone drinking. They didn't approve, as such, they just realised it was going to happen no matter what, so they simply accepted it. Same with a few parents, actually. So long as nobody got dangerously drunk, or at least had a friend around them to take care of them if they did, then everybody was okay with it. But then again, I'm from the UK and I know America is much, much stricter. However, I don't see why anybody would really make such a huge deal about it, so long as OP was safe and didn't endanger herself or others.

LeoCor 19

Other countries start drinking at different ages because the government think they can handle it. Honestly drinking at 21 is too late because you're seen as an adult at 18 but can't drink till 21?! I don't care if it's the brain development because some countries with the highest education is in countries at drink at 16 or 18

Most people start drinking even earlier, only few european countries are strict on this limit

you sound like someone who wants attention telling the story with people all around you. ydi