By Anonymous - 18/09/2012 14:48 - United Kingdom - London

Today, thinking I was alone in my house, I went downstairs in my underwear, singing at the top of my voice. I strutted into the kitchen to find two middle-aged men I'd never seen before sat at the kitchen table, drinking coffee. Turns out they will be painting our house for the next two weeks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 486
You deserved it 4 494

j5maria tells us more.

Hi everyone, it was me that posted this FML! Loving all your comments, and yes, it was a pretty embarrassing moment.

Top comments

I won't say threesome... But it does sound familiar to how most pornos start. So... How'd it go?

DarkDaedalus009 8

That happened to me once except it was for my surprise party

Comments

Hunthas 17

Omg! The same thing happened to me except with raccoons!

I'm sure it was real awkward. Raccoons seeing you naked and all...

What? There were raccoons sitting in your kitchen drinking coffee? And they're going to paint your house?

Boygenius50 8
fromthesuck 8

Seems you missed the joke as well 37

LiterOfCola 16

Is everyone pretending there's a joke to understand here that only they get? I'm fairly sure it was just a stupid attempt to be funny by randomness

Looks like 48 didn't get the super secret joke punchline handout. Funny joke, actually.

I didn't need a handout to notice the sarcasm dripping from 28's comment. 1 was being stupid and 28 just played off of it like he thought he was serious to be funny. I think 28's comment was funny at least. Sorry if it completely went over your head, sarcasm is challenging to denote on FML

I won't say threesome... But it does sound familiar to how most pornos start. So... How'd it go?

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

It annoys me when people freak out over their underwear, but then go into public with bikinis. They are the same things!

LiterOfCola 16

They're not entirely the same thing. Yes, they are similar, but bikinis are thicker.

I agree with DocBastard , I don't see what all the commotion is about ... "Two men" there's plenty more than that checking you out when your out in your bikini

Go ahead and ban me then, Alan. You know that I know the rules here very well, and I don't call out FMLs without reason. I just find this to be extraordinarily weak as far as FMLs go.

natepooch 4

why do you all assume the writer of this fml is a woman, could it be a man?

26- the symbol in the corner means OP is female

While I see where you are coming from doc, I'm guessing that the point of this FML was that op wasn't expecting to be seen partially exposed. Who knows maybe op wears a one piece to the beach with a sarong skirt?

If I may, I would like to point out that there is a significant difference between wearing underwear and bikinis; not in the coverage per say, but in the attitude one is wearing it. A person wears bikinis in public places to show off and be looked at, whereas underwear is intimate, personal clothing that you wear in privacy. Sorry DocBastard, just wanted to point that out.

fromthesuck 8

Let's all strip down to our bikinis and underwear. I have my party thong ready for just such an occasion.

LiterOfCola 16

Regardless of the bikini/underwear argument, I still think it qualifies as an FML cause op was singing at the top of her lungs while thinking she was alone.

Yeah, it's a man. That pink symbol next to the name shows that, can't you tell?

Marcella1016 31

Um. Also, it said "only my underwear"....While you CAN include bra in that statement since you technically wear it underneath your clothes, most people I know only mean "panties" when they say underwear - so we can probably assume OP was topless. Also, we all know the bikini vs underwear thing may not make sense - but like someone else said, underwear are a bit more intimate, and the men got a nice eyeful of her in them. The girl was rightfully embarrassed. Also...you know...they could've been dingy, stained, or even her "monthly" panties O_O Anyway, lighten up. Tons of reasons for this girl to be embarrassed lol. Obviously she will have to "get over it," but so do most other people in FMLs :)

Yeah, like you would ban doc. If you did that, we'd boycott you.

DarkDaedalus009 8

That happened to me once except it was for my surprise party

gmc_blossom 21

Okay. DarkDaedalus009: That happened to me once except it was for my surprise party. DJKAYREZZ: Yupp me too Your wish is my command.

off_constantly 8

I didn't quite catch that, can you tell it again? *trollface*

*pulp fiction style* "SAY IT AGAIN I DARE YA!"

yoloswagg54 9

You must be so much fun at parties.

Redoxx_fml 22

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

The kind that goes on the walls of houses.

cooterpie 11

Oh phooey. I was hoping for the editable glow in the dark kind. : /

86: editable paint? They make paint you can edit?

Ty2win 3

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

"Hey!" "I just met you and this is crazzzy but here's my number^.... I don't know why but that song is very catchy.

olpally 32

I have to jump in on this thread... Im a regular at my local bar and know the bartenders personally... They hate this song with such a passion, so I play it and laugh my ass off when I see the reaction on their faces, they want to kill me for playing that song.. I just lmao... Lol.. I'm evil >:)

olpally 32

They know I'm joking with them. Lol.. It's a fun time... Haha :D

gmc_blossom 21

62- Sure, the song is catchy. So is the flu. Doesn't make it good, though.

Pretty_Pink_Lady 10

The black plague was very catchy also. Coincidence? I think not.

FlyinTurtle 7

65- oh we got a badass over here

olpally 32

103- that comment is overused... I was just telling a funny story that wasn't so funny, I'm not being a badass... Lol. I just threw my two cents in cuz I think it's funny... Way to be a buzz kill.

Slender_Man 6

*loads shotgun* this need to be taken care of my way.

yoloswagg54 9

Justin Bieber, Carly Rae Jepsen... I'm scared to see what Canada's gonna give us next!

GovernorGeneral 8

We give them to you because we dont want them.

worlds123dumbest 4

I'm surprised... No one mentioned STDs.......... Hmmmm.

zyperman43 19

111 have some maple syrup and Canadian bacon

Nabee143 3

Maybe you might be able to use this to your advantage. Perhaps walking around the house nude while they're painting might suffice as payment? Just a thought! Lol

Naith 14

Lol did you not realise that someone was in your house. Oh well at least they will be finished soon

No, she realized they were in her house. She just said she didn't so she could go down there in her underwear. What the hell do you think? -_-

OP that seems like it was risky business on your part to head downstairs like that...perhaps they, the painters, also enjoy that old time rock and roll...

Her family could have been gone and forgot to mention that people would be there. I walk around my house naked when everybody's gone.

21- I was referencing the scene in Tom Cruise's movie "Risky Business" where he was in his underwear singing "Old time rock and roll"...I guess I'm old for imagining that scene in my head *shrugs*

MikeonFML 17

I got the reference after seeing the rock band commercial where the guy does the same thing

worlds123dumbest 4

So... Why are YOU wearing underwear with no pants... ? 0.o

120- because I was sure no one was home :) lol

leogirl95 12

Haha I'm curious as to what you were singing

"I always feel like, somebody's watchin' me"

Nabee143 3

Singing at the top of you voice? I've never heard it said that way. Must be European slang I'm guessing.

57 yea I had to read that part twice, because I automatically thought of "lungs" not voice. So your not alone.

Nabee143 3

For some odd reason, I imagined OP singing the beginning of Circle Of Life. I don't know why. NAAAAAAANTSSS SUVENYYAAAA BIBAGHITHI BABA. :D

worlds123dumbest 4

You guys are really stupid..... I sing on the top of my voice too. And Ive lived in AMURRIKA for my whole life. Seriously? Am I the only AMURRIKAN that doesn't bash on how people talk? Well... Except for other AMURRIKANS... But just like the stereotype, we are on the verge of becoming the most obese country and probably the dumbest... So yeah... Stupid AMURRIKANS...

OP: My milkshakes bring all the boys to the... Oh hello..

Mister_Triangle 21

An obscure Michael Jackson piece titled "People Who Paint Suck Dick"

Nabee143 3

122 Wow! You definitely got your username right.