By 1dvos_grl3 - 19/12/2014 12:53 - United States - Mandeville

Today, the lady whose son I babysit sent me a text, saying she left a gift for me for all the hard work I've done. I found a beautifully-wrapped box where she said the gift was. It turned out my actual gift was cookies sitting right next to it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 748
You deserved it 3 805

1dvos_grl3 tells us more.

Hey everyone, OP here. Let me shed a little light here. I was greatful she got me something to begin with! So don't say I wasn't, the sugar cookies were very yummy. It was just very misleading is all. And everyone curious what was in the wrapped present I didn't open it, there was a note flap on it and it didn't have my name on it. I texted her confused and she said it was the cookies. So yes I was greatful, and I'm a bit curious what she got 'Sara' too.

Comments

Cookies aren't terrible and maybe the little boy helped to bake them. True caring doesn't require a big price tag.

They were actually store bought. I actually look after her son AND daughter..

Hey everyone, OP here. Let me shed a little light here. I was greatful she got me something to begin with! So don't say I wasn't, the sugar cookies were very yummy. It was just very misleading is all. And everyone curious what was in the wrapped present I didn't open it, there was a note flap on it and it didn't have my name on it. I texted her confused and she said it was the cookies. So yes I was greatful, and I'm a bit curious what she got 'Sara' too.

At least beforehand you didn't just open the box! Would've been a little funny if you did though.

OP, I just hope the cookies weren't raisin.

24, read it again. She says sugar cookies in her comment.

So, you hate Raisins. Doesn't mean everyone else does.

Oh, bullfuckingshit! Give me the choice, I'll eat raisin oatmeal cookies, Raisin Bran, boxes upon boxes of the Raisins in the little red box, you name it. Hell, I'll even eat Raisins as a cereal on it's own. You can't possibly tell me EVERYONE hates Raisins.

I was in suspense at first, fearing that the cookies were coconut. Thank you for clearing that up and sharing that they were sugar cookies; they sound great!

Wiringify 22

I, for one, love raisins. I think the argument is over.

Cookies are not proper gifts. They are an adternoon snack not more. They don't value you enough OP. BTW nice hair color. :)

@52 congrats for getting the joke, you raisineatingcunt.

No need to be rude, how would I know whether you ACTUALLY hate Raisins? Even Bethyworks thought you were serious.

I work at a cookie delivery place and I guarantee you cookies make good presents. Good, delicious presents.

Isa_fml 20

I thought you'd accidentally stolen someone else's gift, haha.

At least you got something and cookies are pretty good

It's not about being "ungrateful" it's more about being in a kinda embarrassing situation. If OP really did open it or took the gift it would be even more embarrassing. Cookies sound like a sweet thing to give :)

Cookies sound like a sweet thing to give. :) I see what you did there! :3

I'm not upset at all! I loved the cookies regardless, the present was just misleading.

How do you get a verified sign next to your fml username?