By funnyhowthatwork - 17/08/2016 17:19 - United States - Montrose

Today, the guy I like finally called to ask me to go grab a drink with him. I just moved six hours away. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 464
You deserved it 1 294

funnyhowthatwork tells us more.

Op here, I explained just how far I moved (since I only mentioned moving but not the distance) We are meeting up in a few weeks to have that drink!

Top comments

Comments

Maybe, if you like him so much, you could have asked him out BEFORE moving 6 hours away. Why would you just wait for him to call you? YDI.

If you're interested, it's on you to ask him out for a drink. Otherwise things like this happen.

he is missing you probably regretting not asking you out

He is. He said he should have asked sooner.

lordcrispio 8

Been there. Actually got a relationship from pursuing it.

What would you have done if he asked u sooner and u were dating?

A slightly different take on this OP is that maybe he is not interested at all but knows that you are so he waited until you moved away before asking you and is banking on you turning him down due to distance. A purely dick move considering it now leaves you wondering about the what if's but also a possible scenario.

He didn't know I was moving quite so far. I didn't tell him.

Op here, I explained just how far I moved (since I only mentioned moving but not the distance) We are meeting up in a few weeks to have that drink!

Glad to hear that you found a way to make that drink happen!

Good on you for taking a chance! Hopefully it will be worth it. Btw op long distance can work but only if both people love each other the same. I live in Canada and my bf lives in the us. It's hard but when you love someone you'll make it work. :)

35, wooow I was recently in your shoes! My ex lives in Canada, and I in the US. It's hard but worth it when it's the right person. Good luck to you too.