By cocacola999 - 05/10/2015 08:31 - United Kingdom

Today, several coworkers think the operation scar on my wrist is really a failed suicide attempt, because I study design and apparently, "Artists are suicidal, right?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 393
You deserved it 1 732

cocacola999 tells us more.

Hi, OP here. Great to see this published! A follow-up to what many pointed out - they did not actually ask me directly. Instead, they asked one of my friends "What's with her scar?". She already knew me during the accident and operation, so she said that it was an operation scar. However, the others started asking "Are you sure? Maybe it's a cover-up?" etc. The operation was less than a year ago, so I hope the scar will fade in time. I don't really care about their opinion, nor do I think that there would be anything shameful about a suicide scar - I rather thought this kind of stupidity was at least good for an FML. Let them think however they like.

Top comments

That is an unfortunate location for a surgery scar though.

Yes because all artists are suicidal. FYL

Comments

Artists tend to be more likely to be depressed in my experience, but that's still stupid logic.

Rammer3500 23

Well artists entails a very large group of people...

Even if it was. You'd think they'd be considerate enough to mind their own damn business and not point it out. It's sensitive and personal.

wickedhyype 17

Just go Edgar Allan Poe on them....then they will truly know better.

Since when is Edgar Allan Poe a verb....?

Just take their story and run with it. Make up a bunch of shit and see how far you get.

kittykittyrun 29

I have a scar on my wrist from when I smashed my hand through a window when I was 5 and I've had people look at me weird when they see it. When I tell them the story they think I'm completely psycho. I can relate to your pain!

I don't know where you live but people are weird. I have scars on my wrist because I DID try to kill myself and nobody ever mentionned it or gave me a weird look.

I actually had the same exact problem. I was sent down to guidance offices all the time because my cat scratched my arm and I was always shy and drew a lot

I'm an artist and I'm not even the slightest bit suicidal. Your co-workers don't know what they're talking about. They should learn to mind their own business!

Sod em. Having real scars from real things people can think what they like, walk a mile in my shoes though... Life has a funny way of treating everyone uniquely different, if people judge and stereotype like that then they are not needed in your life. (If everyone did this we would have the idyllic life lol)

cynthianicole95 9

Do society a favor: don't let them breed. Please.