By bumgirl - 08/05/2009 07:22 - United States

Today, on my last break, a lady comes up to me and asks if she could have a hug because I reminded her of her daughter that died in a car accident 3 years before. Touched, I called my mom to let her know that I loved her. Before I could tell her, she said it was probably a scam and hung up on me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 045
You deserved it 3 268

bumgirl tells us more.

Just to clear things up, I was wearing a smock with nothing in my pockets but a lighter and cigs, both were there afterwards. I was joking around with her when she was being rang up for gas inside. I was outside smoking when she pulled up after getting her gas and asked my name and asked permission for a hug. I hugged her for a while and she was crying into my shoulder and telling me her daughter was my age when she died, wore her hair the same way, same glasses, same hair color...( I do believe her because she looked alot like my mom..) Also, to clarify what had happened, I called my mom to tell her I loved her, but I told her what had happened first, and she was just a scam and I should be more careful and hung up before I got the chance to tell her I loved her. Yes, this happened in a city, but where I live is actually just a great big town with a lot people, very low crime rate...People are nice. Pickpockets aren't something you have worry about here. Also she was by herself, so there's no way she had a pickpocket accomplice plus we were outside!

Top comments

I'm not going to lie, I teared up a bit when I read about the lady asking you for a hug. That was the sweetest thing. At least you told your mom that you loved her. That's all that matters (but her reaction was pretty crappy).

Comments

Teaches you not to tell her all the time. Mum's are not telepathic you know. And it's not just words, it's also actions, what you do! YDI

kspy 0

Woops, didn't mean to comment twice.

What I don't get is how people don't get this FML. Why are people acting like this is in some foreign language? Anyway, I get it. How sad. Lol. :(

I've read this over and over, and i really don't get this fml...

What this FML means that, her mother thinks that the person that wants to hug her is a scammer. -.-