By Nolimit2217 - 29/12/2014 22:07 - United States

Today, my wife started a 24 hour urine collection as directed by the doctor for her pregnancy. She has to collect the urine in a gallon jug, and refrigerate it. At lunch time, I went to go get the rest of my sandwich but was unable to find it, until she suggested I "look under the piss jug." FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 441
You deserved it 2 808

Nolimit2217 tells us more.

Nolimit2217 32

I thought it was funny. I understand the seriousness of pre-eclampsia since it happened with our first child too. Don't get on a high horse with me. I support my wife through and through, just had a funny moment I wanted to share.

Top comments

For a sec I thought the FML was going to be that you mistook it for lemonade or green tea and took a swig.

Comments

Sounds like she's being tested for pre-eclampsia, so hopefully she's okay, on the bright side of having to have a gallon of pee in the fridge.

Nolimit2217 32

That's exactly what she's being tested for!

Once your kid is there, there will be plenty more of urine, and other body fluids. Better you get used to it soon... ;-)

well, youre the one who got her pregnant. arent you?

You're supposed to put hazardous waste in a different refrigerator.

47: 1) That was obviously not a joke. 2) That was the most forced laugh I've ever heard and I didn't even hear it.

I don't think it's healthy to put urine next to food.

How many refers does your home have? Besides, urine is sterile.

SaharaZinc 14

You'd think she'd put the piss jug on the very bottom, just in case.

Because we all love digging through the refrigerator when all we want to do is take a piss.

I have done this test, I live in Australia. The doctor said as long as it is in a cool dry place there is no need for it to be in the fridge. Cupboard would suffice.

Depends on the temperature and moisture levels in their house. Any evaporation could affect the validity of the test. Better to be safe than sorry.

I hope you had the sandwich though wasting food is bad !!

oh piss in refrigerator... that's gross....