By NYmets456 - 05/04/2013 04:25 - United States - Ithaca

Today, my twelve year-old son thought it would be a good idea to relentlessly shoot the mail truck with a paintball gun in front of all the neighbors. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 138
You deserved it 9 726

NYmets456 tells us more.

Just so you know, everything has worked out fine. The mailman was pretty nice about it. He had to wash off the back of the truck, and pay a little money to help fix it.

Top comments

Shouldn't his parent discipline him? Oh wait........ YOU'RE the parent!

If your son hasn't already been informed, maybe now would be a good time to let him know... On August 2, 1968, assault on a mail carrier became a federal crime in the United States. I hope your mailman has a sense of humor or your son could be in big trouble. We were all stupid kids once. Use this opportunity to help scare him smart! Good luck!!!

Comments

They say contemporary art has unusual methods of expression.

So, instead of taking the time to talk to him about it and discipline him, your first priority is posting on FML. What a great parent you are.

It's a sign. Buy him a shooting game.

CammyGal 26

And you didn't stop him or punish him? The real FML here is your parenting skills (or lack thereof).

Shouldn't you be punishing him instead of posting about it on FML?

Yes a 12 year old should not be aloud free access to a paintball gun ... Who would allow that?

And an adult should know the difference between "aloud" and "allowed" as well as knowing which one applies when. Unfortunately, this is the world we live in. Don't be so judgemental of it.

The bruises on your inner thighs won't, so I completely agree with 2 - it ain't a simple decision.

That is super illegal. Hope he didn't get in too much trouble.