By Kuromaus - 15/05/2017 12:34

Today, my period started two weeks early. I had the option of either making my connecting flight and bleeding through the entire two-hour trip, or buying tampons and missing it. Four hours until the next flight. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 181
You deserved it 916

Kuromaus tells us more.

Kuromaus 8

Hey, OP here. A few things I couldn't put due to word limits: the flight I was getting off was coming in late due to weather. I literally had one minute to get to the gate once off the plane. The connecting flight had started loading at the same time we landed. On top of that, the crew to dock us were having issues and delayed us in getting off. I wouldn't have even had time to stop at a bathroom on the way. The gate I needed to get to was upstairs. Since it was a delay out of my control, I did get moved to another flight for free, it just happened to be the latest one heading back to home. I could have probably made it to (or barely missed) last call if I hauled it but I was not going to do that while bleeding. I didn't know that airplanes had amenities like that in the bathroom. I've never actually been in one, and it was only my second time flying. (That toilet paper trick doesn't work for me, mine is too heavy, sadly.)

Top comments

Druu 53

There's a little drawer in airplane lavatories with complimentary amenities for this type of situation.

racheal1000 13

next time just ask a flight attendant. They always have some.

Comments

Druu 53

There's a little drawer in airplane lavatories with complimentary amenities for this type of situation.

Really? I've never seen that. Is it all airlines?

Really? I never knew that. Thanks for the tip

I never knew either. At a minimum, I suppose I could ask a flight attendant; I probably would not be the first person needing such supplies.

This happened to me when I was on a school trip to Europe. I had packed tampons, but because I wasn't expecting it for another 2 weeks, I put all of them in my suitcase and didn't have any in my carry on. I ended up just using toilet paper for the whole flight back from Italy, and when I got back and got my suitcase, I fixed it.

That is one expensive consideration

The airport bathrooms didn't have any for $0.25?

They're more like a dollar now. Lol

Still, one dollar versus the cost of a rescheduled flight? I'd sacrifice the dollar.

racheal1000 13

next time just ask a flight attendant. They always have some.

anniemeece 23

That definitely sucks, but this is why I always always have an extra pad or tampon in any bag I carry with me. You never know what unexpected situation may arise.

dancer_sarah56 4

Life hack- fold up toilette paper and put it in your underwear. You had ample access to the airplain lavatory. It would have worked.

GIJoefan 6

But only as a temporary measure and on a day that's not heavy.

WinPoe 3

You just keeping getting up and going there I guess. I have used the trick when I didn't have pads at work. But then again I don't have a heavy flow.

fde2blknimout 18

You made your choice. You were not prepared and if you wanted to make the flight use toilet paper or Ask a stewardess. Sorry you had that happen though