By KiraK_320 - 19/08/2016 01:15 - United States - Baton Rouge

Today, my house flooded. Hundreds of dollars worth of art supplies, multiple video game systems, academic awards from middle school, birthday cards from my deceased grandfather; it's all gone. What remained untouched? The cat's litter box, which somehow floated. FML.
I agree, your life sucks 15 256
You deserved it 1 116

KiraK_320 tells us more.

Hi everyone, OP here (well my nickname's gonna show so I'm not sure I needed to say it, but whatever)! Thanks for all the wishes and hugs. <3 First, I saw a few people ask about the cat; she's perfectly fine! And it wasn't actually my cat, it was my mom's boyfriend's... My cat and I live in Baton Rouge in an apartment with my dad, and I had just moved in there in April, so the majority of my things were here but... I had left my memorabilia box (the cards from my grandfather, a lot of childhood books and stuffed animals, the awards, etc.) at my mom and her boyfriend's house in Denham Springs (which, to any of you fellow Louisianians, you know the entire town was flooded), and I had forgotten some of my art supplies and old sketchbooks there alongside my Xbox and Wii unfortunately.Anyway, I actually have some good news: I had submitted this before I was able to go back to the house to salvage things and so when I did manage to go through the flooded stuff (after the water receded, of course), I was able to save a lot of it! Funnily enough, my Wii had been in a plastic tub that also floated, so that was safe. I got to wring out my stuffed animals, and wash them at a laundromat, and I also managed to carefully separate the flooded cards and lay them out in the sun to dry... very happy about that! Again, thanks guys :^) and to any of you that went through the flood as well, I hope you're doing ok and that your families were safe.

Top comments

I'm so sorry OP, that is absolutely tragic. I wish you and your family the very best in recovering things and getting back on your feet.

Man, that sucks. Sorry for your loss... of your things. It's never easy losing things that are important to you. Thankfully you are safe. I wish you well as you get back on your feet.

Comments

Well if ain't that the shit... Sorry OP. Especially with the memorabilia.

I'm so sorry OP, that is absolutely tragic. I wish you and your family the very best in recovering things and getting back on your feet.

That's terrible. I'm sorry OP. Wishing you the best with everything.

Years down the road, this'll serve as a great story when asked what inspired you to come up with your million dollar idea: litter-box based storage containers.

I didn't know that the nine lives rule applied to cat shit as well.

Man, that sucks. Sorry for your loss... of your things. It's never easy losing things that are important to you. Thankfully you are safe. I wish you well as you get back on your feet.

I know I'm a skeptic and I'm sorry but I see no way a box full of liter can float, that's shit is so heavy

I'm so sorry that happened, OP. Hopefully you have flood insurance and have friends and family that will help you through this tough time. My house is still getting repaired after the massive flood that happened in Houston in March. It's going to get hard and stressful, but with love and support you can get through this ❤

What happened to your cat? If it fared like your art supplies, the good news is you only have to clean the box one more time. Then, you can sell it on Craigslist.