By vanillaforme - 27/07/2013 23:07 - Canada - Toronto

Spicy
Today, my girlfriend and I attempted some bondage for the first time. Within seconds of the handcuffs being put on, I went into a serious panic attack. I was playing the dominant; my girlfriend was the one in cuffs. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 086
You deserved it 15 609

vanillaforme tells us more.

Hey, OP here. Here are some more details, for those curious: - All FMLs must begin with the word "Today", but this actually happened a couple of years ago. My GF and I are still together. - Yes, it was a full-blown panic attack, and the only one I've ever had in my life. Never having experienced one before, I thought it was something like a heart attack. What got edited out of the FML was that we actaully called paramedics and I ended up in emergency. - We got the handcuffs off and some normal clothes on my GF (I was already fully clothed) before the paramedics arrived, so there was no need for embarrassing explanations. For a minute though, it was a real concern. - I still don't know what exactly the trigger was. Both my GF and I were pretty nervous and weren't really enjoying ourselves. (We should have stopped when it was clear that neither of us really wanted to continue, but we figured we would try anyway.) I think her anxiety contributed to mine, eventually leading to the panic attack. - We *did* try again a few weeks afterward, when we were both much more "in the mood." No panic attack that time, but we pretty much confirmed that neither of us liked being restrained before or during sex. We both had fantasies about this sort of thing, which is what led us to try it in the first place, but reality proved much different than our imaginations. - For those wondering, they were simple police-style handcuffs, not anything specifically made for bondage play.

Top comments

It's good you guys were spicing things up, and now you know your limits and that next time you should show some... Restraint.

As long as you have the key you are fine. Pro-tip: start panicking when the key is gone.

Comments

thatgirlincali 13

I hope you aren't a cop OP.

thatgirlincali 13

Lol, nobody's perfect my darlin.

Reading a copy of 50 shades of Gray does not make you an expert, research first please, still, FML

Sorry to hear that, definitely FYL Op. coming from someone who has very serious anxiety attacks myself I know how you feel. They can hit out of nowhere wether your having a good or bad time, anytime & anywhere. Next time just sit back for a sec & focus & calm yourself by talking yourself down from the attack, don't work yourself up more about it just pinch between your thumb & pointer finger. Hope that helps any. If she's a good woman just explain you have attacks & be open & honest with her & she should be very understanding.

& to all those calling Op a pussy, to hell with ya. Dealing with anxiety attacks doesn't make someone a pussy, it's not like someone has them by choice. You don't choose to have them....when, where, why, how bad/how long. You could get shot at & be perfectly fine, or just be sitting there doing nothing & have a 3 hour anxiety attack. That's like calling a kid with cancer a pussy for having it & dying. But, I guess ignorance is bliss, & the force is definitely strong with some people on here....

get over it anxiety attacks has been around for ever and know people start being ******* and complaing about everyone feels bad for themselves and wants to have something wrong with them get over it and comparing anxiety to cancer is total bullshit g et the **** over it everyone has problems

Try reversing roles--have her put you in the cuffs instead. Maybe once you're in the cuffs yourself and you see what it's like for yourself, putting someone else in bondage won't be as likely to induce panic attacks any more? I generally feel safe and secure and taken care of when I'm in bondage. (I'm a man who likes women to tie me up.)

Baby steps. Start out with just her hands behind her back and work up to hand cuffs.

I have never heard of a dom having a panic attack from just tying up their partner. Guess there is a first time for everything

Well it looks like bondage is not the thing to do...or you get cuffed down...

Some men just can't be dominant. Scares the living shit out of them. Pretty sure I've been made to be the dominate one in every one of my relationships. It's no big deal, OP. Go slower and try something less .. constricting first, then ease into it.