This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By WildChildRocker - 28/12/2016 22:43

Today, my friend informed me that his girlfriend forced him to block me on Facebook because she's insecure. Then he assured me he was "being a man about it" because he told me to my face. There was never a romance between us and he doesn't agree with me that this is a red flag. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 459
You deserved it 465

Top comments

My GF attempted this sort of thing with me.... I told her that I will never choose the one trying to make me choose....

Whatever works for you and everything but really? You both aren't allowed your own friends of the opposite sex? That's so sad. Are you really that untrusting of each other? And you say this as if the girlfriend is justified in having OP abandon an existing friend.

Comments

species4872 19

Blocked on Facebook, Surely a life shattering moment.

Clearly it's more to do with what comes along with that. OP's friend is pretty much not 'allowed' to be friends with her anymore.

My GF attempted this sort of thing with me.... I told her that I will never choose the one trying to make me choose....

If you can't convince him it's a red flag, the only thing left to do is make sure he knows he can come to you for help if/when he decides to leave her. Good luck.

Haha, I remember when a boyfriend established with me in the beginning, that he had only platonic female friends and I said it was fine, because I have only platonic male friends, so fair is fair. He ended up cheating on me with one of those "platonic" female friends, only 3 weeks into the relationship. Can't really blame some of us for being insecure about female friends lol.

Yes. Yes we can blame you for it. The problem in your scenario isnt your boyfriend having friends of the opposite sex. Its your boyfriend being a massive cheating douchenugget. Cheaters will find a way to cheat regardless if you let them have friends or not. They will just be more sneaky about it if you forbid them to have friends of the opposite sex.

Twisted_Angel 17

My fiancé and I agree that we aren't comfortable with the other having friends of the opposite sex. If they are mutual friends, fine. Not individual friends. That's probably why she has a problem with it. Maybe if you friended her, she'd be more comfortable.

Whatever works for you and everything but really? You both aren't allowed your own friends of the opposite sex? That's so sad. Are you really that untrusting of each other? And you say this as if the girlfriend is justified in having OP abandon an existing friend.

Fxxk that. I'm bi and my boyfriend knows it, so in this scenario I wouldn't be "allowed" any of my own friends. The problem with sharing mutual friends too much is that your social life Does shrink significantly and it does put strain even on your same sex friendships. If, heaven forbid, there is a major fight or breakup, or if the relationship is turbulent, you lose a ton of friends and a lover one way or another, and it's also awkward as **** for the whole group.

Dumb. You live in a small world, #17. Hope you both don't suffocate in it .

goream2013 6

I'm a girl and my best friend all throughout school and college, is a boy. We never had anything sexual or romantic, we just clicked, it was an amazing friendship. Then one summer after college he met a girl. She was very jealous of me, outright said it to my face, even his other girl friends, but me the most. Even though i had a boyfriend of my own. We still kept in contact through their relationship, but after he proposed we saw each other less and less. I wasn't even invited to their wedding, nor were a few of his other girl friends. Now all i get is a happy birthday message one facebook once a year from him. Makes me so sad. but i guess "true love" trumps best friends. I'm sorry.

Thors_Hammer9999 17

I just had a similar experience except I was on the other end of it. a female friend at work who, every time we have to work together, tells me things like how she was going to Victoria's Secret to get some "pretty bras", told me how much she "liked" me and then when I spoke up about being taken in the middle of her little confession speech she called my girlfriend an "Implied Technicality" and then scurried off when I asked just what she meant by that, told me that when she's home alone that she doesn't like to wear pants at all after inviting me over to "hang out", suggested the three month trip to Ireland I'm planning for me and my gf should be for me and her instead, told me I should tell her ex that I'm her new bf....just loads more...I also tell my gf every time she says or does something like this because I don't want her finding out 3rd hand and it then looks like I'm hiding something that I'm not and my gf finally had enough and told me to get rid of my friend on facebook and such, not out of jealousy or insecurity but because this woman would not stop saying these sometimes just weird things out of nowhere no matter how many times I told her to stop because it was inappropriate and so I deleted her from my social media out of respect for my gf and our relationship and when I told her that I would be doing so for my gf she insisted that she never felt anything for me and that it was all a misunderstanding...not saying you did anything OP but is it possible something you said or did made her question things and want to put some distance between you and her bf because she feels you're being a little too familiar with him such as in my case?

Completely agree with OP . Big red flag. Sorry you can't Facebook peacefully with your buddy due to his psycho, controlling GF.

<p>If he picks his new girlfriend over you, is that really the kind of person you want to be friends with anyway?&nbsp;</p>