By catlady1989 - 10/05/2009 19:01 - United States

Today, my friend had to take my cat who has a tumor to be put down when I wasn't home since I couldn't bear to take him myself. I have two cats. He took the wrong one. FML
I agree, your life sucks 480 380
You deserved it 70 850

catlady1989 tells us more.

You people are so cruel. They were indentical except collar color. I said which one and he still messed up. My normal vet was closed because of Mothers day so the pound was the one to do it. I can't believe some of the things you people are saying... it is so hurtful... and both my cats did end up being put down...

Top comments

omg! that's absolutely awful! Why didn't you specify

Wow.... Something tells me you aren't friends anymore.

Comments

debbiedowner2 0

This brings tears to my eyes.. It's more like FML for your friend. He should have sensed which one was sick..

For people saying that they should have specified, a lot of people have two sibling cats who look fairly similar. I have two cats- a mum and her son, and to me the difference is blindingly obvious, but nearly everyone who has not seen my cats more than 5 or 6 times ALWAYS gets them confused. So they could have tried to describe them, but the person just couldn't tell...

the vet couldn't tell the difference between a healthy cat and a sick one?

I'm sorry. That really blows.. To the commenters: 1. The OP could've said something like "Take Felix," instead of describing the looks, and the friend got them mixed up. 2. Maybe it wasn't the usual vet that put the cat down. They could've taken the cat to a clinic, and just said "This cat is sick, put it down."

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

@shmoop: In that case it would have been even more of a YDI because they should have expected that the friend wouldn't be able to tell the cats apart...

28: wuts wrong with cats? I have 4 of them? Having a cat dznt mean they're automatically gonna get cancer. Grow up u ass! OP: I'm soooooooo sorry! U lost both of ur cats-u need to go cry-don't hold nething in.

sictransit_rosie 0