This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Worker - 12/08/2016 20:07 - United States - Coal City

Today, my ditz of a sister got a job working as a hostess at Red Lobster. Her starting hourly wage is 25 more cents than mine was after working at my job for almost a year and a half. FML.
I agree, your life sucks 808
You deserved it 84

Top comments

This is a pathetic FML, the .25 difference will be negligible after taxes and hour differences. How about not insult your sister and be proud of her. F HER LIFE for having a selfish sibling.

It sucks, but it happens. I was at my job for 5yrs, when I quit I was making $11.50 an hour. My 17yr old cousin, she has been working at McDonald's for 2yrs and already makes $14 an hour. It just depends on the job and some places pay better than others, if you're not happy, there's always the option of looking elsewhere.

Comments

It sucks, but it happens. I was at my job for 5yrs, when I quit I was making $11.50 an hour. My 17yr old cousin, she has been working at McDonald's for 2yrs and already makes $14 an hour. It just depends on the job and some places pay better than others, if you're not happy, there's always the option of looking elsewhere.

Try being happy for your "ditz sister" rather than jealous, it will get you farther in life. It's not like she landed a CEO job that you had your eye on, she's a hostess.

epicgamer 18

And women try to complain about the "wage gap"

I agree with the fact that there is no Wage Gap but this has nothing to do with it. If the sister got the same job as op and was making more with the same qualifications and education your comment would be valid but on this post it makes no sense.

Women "complain" about the wage gap because it's a ridiculously well documented issue that is still very much an active one, and one that is worsened by people who try to ignore it's existence. Since you apparently don't understand WHAT the gender-race wage gap is, it's represented by what percentage a non-male and/or non-white person makes when compared to the wage that a white male would earn, if both workers were to have identical versions of the job. The reason the sister is earning a higher hourly wage is because she was hired somewhere with a higher starting wage. If the OP were to have gotten the job, he would have had a higher starting wage than his sister. So, yes, there IS a wage gap, and trying to deny it just makes you look like you are either ignorant, a jerk, or possibly both.

People should get the same wage for the same job. Race and gender should not be a factor. Qualification should definitely be one. Raises ought to be given based upon performance and attitude.

This is a pathetic FML, the .25 difference will be negligible after taxes and hour differences. How about not insult your sister and be proud of her. F HER LIFE for having a selfish sibling.

Damn be happy for your sibling and dont be so selfish. Move to a place that offers better paying jobs instead of complaining.