By lemonlime66 - 20/11/2015 00:25 - United States - Lyman

Today, my crush came into the gas station I work at and said, "Man, you look hot today!" Flattered, I thanked him. He replied, "No, I mean like hot and sweaty, like you've been working hard." FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 190
You deserved it 2 262

lemonlime66 tells us more.

lemonlime66 21

Hey, OP here. This happened a few months ago, but I still remember the embarrassment like it was this morning. I made a joke out of it, we became close, and then his wife and I found out about each other. We became friends, they got divorced, and we all lived happily ever after (except him).

Top comments

Comments

Your username suits best for this FML

Doesn't matter, still hot. They NOTICED you! Noticed you were more than normal, i would take that as a good sign.

ouch? that was unnecessary of him like what did he expect! i would have taken that as a compliment also! don't beat yourself up! im sure a lot of people would agree :)

Sorry to be THAT guy but shouldn't the FML read "Today, my crush came INTO the gas station I work at..."? The way it's currently worded makes it seem like OP's crush was jacking off at the gas station.

dman798 18

Maybe he was trying to flirt and didn't know how to convey it?

lemonlime66 21

Hey, OP here. This happened a few months ago, but I still remember the embarrassment like it was this morning. I made a joke out of it, we became close, and then his wife and I found out about each other. We became friends, they got divorced, and we all lived happily ever after (except him).

That might be the quickest escalation I've ever heard before

lexiieeex3 32

Damn I didn't see that coming...

Umm, I'm pretty sure you wrote the wrong fml. Yikes!

megs925 16

Took the words right out of my mouth lol

When you say 'a few months', exactly how many months do you mean?

44, that's what I thought! A few is 3 isn't it? That's means just over 90 days. That's a crazy few months!!

Doesn't sound like it ended too well. (For him)

lemonlime66 21

By a few months, I meant about 7. What can I say? I have no concept of time. By the time the "hot" comment came to be, we had already been flirting for a while, (which is a major reason i thought he meant hot, as in sexy). We had a 'fling' for about a month, until one day his wife (that I knew nothing about) came into the store with a check for fuel. The check had both of thier names on it, so I asked questions. We started talking more, and I helped her file for divorce, they had been married for 14 years and had 3 children. He lost everything and had to move to a neighboring state to stay with family. She got the house, along wirh everything else. We have remained friends throughout this ordeal, which reminds me of a movie actually.

#49/OP I call bullshit. no way this happened.

#49 gotta love how I got moderated for calling your obviously fake story bullshit. hah.

It should be a movie. Like a lifetime one too

I'm laughing my ass off at how quickly that all escalated. I'm glad you got that all worked out though. He got what was coming to him.

Yeah it sounds like the movie "The Other Woman". Glad to hear you guys had a happy ending! :)

Why did she get everything though? That doesn't seem even remotely fair. Surely when you divorce, you share it evenly? Otherwise it's just greed.

Mind you, if she divorced him over something like a bit of flirting then maybe she did him a favour. I mean I wouldn't like it if my partner was flirting with someone else but I wouldn't bloody divorce them over it! And I certainly wouldn't help someone divorce their partner over it! Shame on you OP, shame on you.

Mind you, if she divorced him over something like a bit of flirting then maybe she did him a favour. I mean I wouldn't like it if my partner was flirting with someone else but I wouldn't bloody divorce them over it! And I certainly wouldn't help someone divorce their partner over it! Shame on you OP, shame on you.

Mind you, if she divorced him over something like a bit of flirting then maybe she did him a favour. I mean I wouldn't like it if my partner was flirting with someone else but I wouldn't bloody divorce them over it! And I certainly wouldn't help someone divorce their partner over it! You and her ruined a marriage OP, sounds like you are both suited to each other. Shame on you both, shame on you both.

58, A tiny bit of flirting? "We had a fling" does not sound like she meant a tiny bit of flirting, it sounds like a relationship. In other words, he cheated on her. Read the follow up properly next time before you start insulting and "Shaming" people.

Most places if one person cheats and there's proof of it, like the other woman, or even texts/emails, its automatic that the faithful person gets it all.

I would have just thanked him again, said yeah, I am working hard and thanks for noticing.