By GaveAnInchTakeAMile - 11/05/2013 09:52 - United States

Today, my brother's friend was about to drive home drunk, so I convinced him to think and not be stupid. It wasn't an invitation to puke on my floor then try to crawl into bed with me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 576
You deserved it 5 846

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ultimate_No 7

However, you're a hero and may have saved his and other people's lives.

jonnied23 20

Cleaning up puke is much easier than cleaning up an automobile accident

Comments

Letting him clean up his own puke in the morning would be better than letting him kill himself or someone else..

While yes OP's actions were very noble and she could have very well saved some lives, the drunk's life wasn't the one in most danger. It has been on the news and/or in TV shows many times, that the drunk driver in an accident has walked away with only minor injuries while the people in the other car were critical or killed. The reason behind this is when drunk a person is very relaxed so when in an accident their body just goes with the flow while someone sober tenses, pretty much locking up. I still think that what you did OP was great and very responsible and as many have said, cleaning some puke is much better than reading in the newspaper of a fatal car accident including your brother's friend. (The reasoning behind my lesson is my Grandpa was a CHP Officer for 20 years and my Mom had a cousin who was killed by a drunk driver while she was riding her bike)

Rissa11 9

I wouldn't complain too much. You probably saved his and someone elses life.