By Anonymous - 20/01/2013 05:01 - United States

Today, my boyfriend told me all about how his parents sat him down last night and had a 20 minute talk with him about how I'm the biggest mistake he'll ever make. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 063
You deserved it 3 969

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well, look, just talk to him for about 20 minutes about how you're not that bad. Unless you are.

Comments

Well OP, that sucks to hear something like that. But hey, why not have fun with that? Make sure you clue your boyfriend in on what you plan to do so that you can give his parents hell!

They're gonna love it if he knocks you up..

Has he left you? If not, at least that proves he loves you more than he cares about their advice...

Epikouros 31

If your boyfriend has a backbone, that's the surest way to make you two stay together. Try to drop a hint about your ring size.

That sucks I guess it's time to prove then wrong.

Prove that OP isn't the biggest mistake her boyfriend would ever make to his parents.

56 - I think 18 was mocking the typo. Them* That was all

Thanks 64 :) I was just teasing but apparently it's frowned upon O_o

It's his life and yours, they can give him advice but he doesn't have to take it! Hope you two last the miles and get to throw it back in their face!

perdix 29

I'm going against the tide on this one. You ready for this? Dump him. Find a guy whose family accepts you. Once you hit your first rough patch with this one, he'll say, "My parents told me you were a mistake." Yes, this sounds rough, but you don't marry the man, you marry the family. Don't marry into a shit family, even if you met the oddball who happens to be decent.

Or, marry him and move to a different country. That should work, too.

taniamw 9

Perdix is right because I'm speaking from experience. Every single problem with my ex was because of either his family not liking me or my sisters not liking him. It caused too many dramas, it would of never worked.

crammer1 6

He has a point...I had a boyfriend with a very judgmental family and they pretty much gave him the same advice all the time about his girlfriends. He never stood up for me and when we did fight he would run to them and bad mouth me further proving their point. Usually the fights we had were because he could never say no or stand up for himself! Lol...It was really ironic.

Your advice is bad, and you should feel bad.

Smile at your haters in the face. You will never lose and it will make your boyfriend love you even more.

perdix 29

#24, a swing and a miss! You probably meant to submit this to the shower pissing story, and even then, "eh." Be careful about where you're posting and keep trying.