By bytemuch - 17/07/2017 15:04

Today, my boyfriend said he's in love with another woman and is leaving me. This wouldn't be as bad if I weren't seven months pregnant. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 202
You deserved it 681

ByteMuch tells us more.

OP here. First of all thank you all for your kind support it was nice to see so many positive comments :) He will be involved in our child's life and I agree with all of you who have commented that it's better that this happened now than later and possibly behind my back. We're working things out :)

Top comments

milksquad 11

He's a douche. Screw people in the comments trying to justify this. Even if he's in love with another woman, he has a responsibility to his child and doesn't get to just bail because he feels like it. I was raised by a single mother after my dad left when I was little and I am constantly in awe of my mother's strength and love. She raised me better than my father ever could have and my sister and I owe so much of ourselves to her resilience and courage. Whatever happens, you will get through this, and you're going to be an AMAZING mom. <3

ImminentDisaster 12

OP never said he told her he wouldn't help raise the child. You don't have to be a couple to raise children together.

Comments

I am so terribly sorry. There is no good way to take this. You will be relying on family and close friends now and for some time to get you through this. And do not forget that you are going to be a mother and do everything you can to ensure your child will be safe and provided for - and that includes making sure the father will be paying his share of child support in the future. It's way way to late to say this now - But this is an example of why every pregnancy needs to be a planned pregnancy. And people should only plan a pregnancy when they know they will be bringing a child into a situation where the child will be loved and supported by his or her parents. It's a tragedy when things like this happen, and I am so sorry for OP.

How do you know this wasn't both plannef and wanted? Your comment is just douchy and patronizing. Some people just don't understand that relationships change when you put pregnancy hormones in the mix, and bail. Such people are assholes.

random _generator_v2 12

At least he was honest instead of going behind OPs back. Staying for the child is a stupid idea. 2 separated parents are a lot better than 2 who stay together but don't love each other, it's bound to lead to fighting and a bad situation for the kid. Is it sad it happened? Yes. But you can't control your emotions. As long as he steps up and is a father to his child he did the right thing by being honest. I wouldn't want to be with a girl who just stayed with me for the children.

But why did you decide to get pregnant before marrying ?

It's not always something people decide to do, besides since when has marriage been a guarantee to not end up in a situation such as this, married or not - your feelings can still change, atleast here they didn't have to go through a possibly messy divorce.

The mother of my child did the same to me a month after our child was born.

OP here. First of all thank you all for your kind support it was nice to see so many positive comments :) He will be involved in our child's life and I agree with all of you who have commented that it's better that this happened now than later and possibly behind my back. We're working things out :)

Best of luck with all of it! good to hear he's gonna stay involved with the kid.

Best of luck with all of it! good to hear he's gonna stay involved with the kid.

this is beyond ****** up ? girl worry about your kid & your self one day he will regret it & it will be go late good luck

He does not deserve you sweetheart. Try to move on and hit him up for child support, but let him have a relationship with the kid if he wants to. As a single mom I can tell you it's really hard, but you can do it. Forget the jerk!