By treegirl - 26/07/2009 05:57 - United States

Today, my boyfriend and I were cuddling on his couch when suddenly I tried to get up. Before I could stand, he grabs onto me and says, "I'm a koala and you're my eucalyptus tree!" He then continued to latch onto me for a good five minutes pretending to eat my hair. FML
I agree, your life sucks 578
You deserved it 111

Comments

stop picking up guys at their special ed graduations

shadow_foot 0

I don't think this is an FML at all. I just think it's rather adorable. Nothing to be ashamed about.

Hydra_fml 0

Weirdly cute, but a stupid entry.

LOL that's so funny. Not an FML at all. Moments like that are the ones you'll think back on and remember why you love him. YDI on principle, just because you're complaining about it.

Yeah, your bf sounds seriously adorable. FYL for not seeing that =/

She probably just posted it because she thought we'd get a laugh out of it.

If you're complaining, you don't deserve such a loving animalistic gesture. I personally think it's cute.

Emerald90 0

Yes, us koala type boyfriends try very hard!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't see why this is an FML. The hair-eating part might be a little weird, but I still think this is cute.

awwww i think that's so cute! he's awesome fer sure! :D

If you don't want a boyfriend who acts cute and is creative, then your life is fxcked.

What the heck...that's a retarded comment. If I were the OP I would consider it an FML too because I'd hate for my boyfriend to be THAT childish. I can be childish and do retarded stuff but that koala/eukalyptus tree thing is just like "Wow...really?" but maybe that's because I'm 22 and not 16 -_-" And there's NOTHING wrong with the OP seeing it that way either. It doesn't mean she "doesn't deserve a relationship". If he did something like this once then it's no biggie but if he constantly pulls stuff like this and it really annoys her then maybe he's just not the right one....like I said I can be childish and funny and so can my husband...but that koala thing I would consider retarded and so would my husband. Just as we both were disgusted with the FML about the guy peeing on his girl to mark his territory... It's easy...just marry/date some one who has the same preferences and kind of humor that you have.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Wow, you're an awfully stuck-up little 22 year old. Of course, you're married at 22 so I can hardly think you've got a whole lot of personality beyond whatever highly straight-laced and conservative upbringing you likely had.

my boyfriend is 20 years old and tends to so stuff like that. being childish means acting like that constantly, not knowing when to turn it off, and not caring who you do things like that around. He could be a mature person but wants to joke around with his girlfriend! God, do we all have to be serious all the time?

ma_belle_fleur 0

How does being married at 22 make her have no personality and highly conservative? Just because the majority of people now wait until their 30 to be married doesn't make her conservative. She also said that she and her husband do funny cute things together as well but she found this FML to be a bit retarded and would never do anything like that. I have to agree with her. The OP's bf seems a bit clingy to me. That type of behaviour makes me think "creepy" not cute. It's fine to do cute random things but if the OP and her bf were already cuddling and she tried to get up but he grabbed on and didn't let her, I think that is a bit over the top and really is just plain creepy and childish. Especially considering what he said. It's not cute when someone latches on to you and pretends to eat your hair for five minutes. It's weird.

i have to agree that #66 sounds like a stuck-up bitch. she sounds like someone who thinks they know everything because she's 22 and married. puolukka - who are you to judge the OP's boyfriend as childish? get the stick out of your ass and stop trying to act so mature and all-knowing. all your comment is "me and my husband" " im 22 and not 16" "oh la-dee-da we are so amazing because we are married so young!" please just give us your whole life story, because i'm sure you'd love to tell everyone about your perfect upbringing and marriage. please tell us all the secret to your success and happiness.

#246, #280 nailed the spirit of my post. I'm guessing that the "at least 5 minutes" is an exaggeration because the OP was annoyed with what the boyfriend did. However, if something like that isn't her thing, then it's probably a sign that the relationship won't last too long. Spontaneous bursts of cute/random/slightly weird things are something you have to be OK with if you plan to be in a relationship for the long haul. The poster made a big show of saying "my husband" and dropping her age, trying to show some sort of superiority to others. Marriage at a young age really doesn't mean anything. Being married does not make you more mature, more responsible, and more aware of social nuances. She also fails in her attempt to be "mature" by greatly overusing ellipses and using the word "retarded" to describe an action she dislikes. Very, very mature. Sure, I may swear up a storm and combine some profane words into twisted and insulting phrases when I felt they've done something stupid, but I mostly do that to get a rise out of folks. Using "retarded" is a cheap, easy way out when a person doesn't have any other way to criticize something.

WoW #66, your comment is a FYL for you being such a stuck up bitch. My girlfriend is 22 and she absolutely adores when I do stuff like that as I do when she does to me, it has nothing to do with age. I could only wish we could play around with each other like that well into our 50's. You can be childish too huh? What's your idea of childish, sticking your tongue out or is that too wild and crazy for you? I get the OP doesn't like that, she needs to find an accountant or someone devoid of any personality. I've dated women like the OP and one word comes to mind, misery. I can't be more happy now that I've found someone who knows how to let go and have a good time as well as when to be serious.

ma_belle_fleur 0

I can see your point and I do agree that when people use their age to try and show how "mature" they are, it usually backfires, whether they are 15 or 22 or even 50. I do still agree with her though that what the OP's boyfriend did wasn't really all that cute, at least in the context of the FML. The way the OP worded it made it seem to me that her boyfriend creeped her out and because of how she worded it, I felt that her boyfriend might be a bit on the clingy/possessive/obsessive side. I don't think any of the people who have said this FML is "cute" have ever been in a relationship where their partner has been possessive/obsessive. This kind of behaviour can be cute, but not when the boyfriend is clingy. It makes it horrible and really awkward to be with them. I can only guess that the OP posted this because she was really creeped out by his behaviour. But you are right in saying that #66 shouldn't have commented the way she did. It really didn't help her point. (just a side note; I would think that it was super cute if my boyfriend did something random/funny, but the koala bit would be a little weird. I prefer things like him giving me a piggy back ride while trying to mow the lawn! Makes house/yard work more challenging!)

Your husband must like bitchy women.