By marcranger - 06/12/2013 02:30 - United States - Littleton

Today, my boyfriend and I got into a huge argument while driving home from visiting family. We pulled into a gas station, and I went inside to grab a drink and cool down. When I came back out, both car and boyfriend were nowhere in sight. It was my car. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 958
You deserved it 5 707

marcranger tells us more.

This actually happened a couple years ago, and to answer everyone's implied questions, yes he is now my ex, yes this incident was the catalyst, yes I called the cops, and yes I got the car back! After standing outside for a few seconds with my jaw flapping in the wind, then realizing my phone was in the car to top everything else off, I went back inside and had the attendant dial the local cops. Since I knew the make, model, license plate, and rough direction where the cockhole was going, it was pretty easy to track down. He did have the audacity to call me and ask (demand, actually) that I bail his ass out, but I laughed and hung up. I ultimately wound up dropping the charges, since his parents are very well-connected in their hometown, and I knew the lawyer they got him would have been able to get him off on probation or something equally pathetic. But mostly I dropped them because the family was wealthy and vindictive enough that I could have seen them suing me (!!!) to get back the cost of the lawyer's fees, and once it was all said and done, I just wanted a clean break. He had some mental health issues (depression, alcoholism, longtime unemployment) going on way before this, and I'd been weighing my options for getting out for a while. At least his real-life GTA5 enactment gave me the chance I needed!

Top comments

How embarrased will he be when you report the car stolen to the police?

Not sure how he expects any good to come out of this.

Comments

You should change the locks on the house when he goes to work.

You mean when he goes to jail? He's definitely going to jail, i can hear the BOLO coming through the scanner now.

chloem103 9

What an asshole... I hope you were close to home.

I would call the police on him. Then brace myself for the "well that escalated quickly" jokes I would get when telling this story to my friends.

Text him: "You have five minutes to return my stolen car before I call the police". If he doesn't then do that.

I'd tell you to leave him. But it seems as if that will be a bit complicated in your situation..