By bingalingading - 12/02/2015 01:44 - United States - Owosso

Today, my boss refused to give me vacation time for my wedding and honeymoon because she didn't have a honeymoon and because of that apparently neither should I. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 959
You deserved it 2 274

bingalingading tells us more.

op here! Turns out I sorta kinda went over her head about it and now my vacation time has been approved! Of course said manager wasn't happy, but of course I went to HR about it and they seemed to have taken care of it. So starting June 22nd I will be on a cruise with my lovely wife!

Top comments

That seems highly unreasonable. If your company has one, try contacting HR. Whilst your boss signs off your holidays, in some workplaces HR needs to approve them as well (basically to log them). So, they should be able to help.

Comments

Well boo-hoo to her! I would still go and explain to her that its already paid for and you can't refund it. Or take it up with the higher honchos or something, because that's just messed up

That sucks but whatcha gonna do? You shouldn't have even mentioned the honeymoon, just said you were going on vacation

Wtf? That's basically saying you shouldn't have a wedding if she won't let you take off for either...

i_needa_username 17

Omg!! That Is totally suckish. Tell me what happens bae!!!!

Sounds like you need a new job. If i were you, I would look for a new job asap and explain bout why you are leaving your job now. Hopefully you get one you can start when you get back. Then when the time comes for your wedding and honeymoon. Go. Have the time of your life and never worry bout that dumb **** boss of yours ever again.

I feel a severe flu coming on. See if your dr will give you a sick leave note.