By bingalingading - 12/02/2015 01:44 - United States - Owosso

Today, my boss refused to give me vacation time for my wedding and honeymoon because she didn't have a honeymoon and because of that apparently neither should I. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 959
You deserved it 2 274

bingalingading tells us more.

op here! Turns out I sorta kinda went over her head about it and now my vacation time has been approved! Of course said manager wasn't happy, but of course I went to HR about it and they seemed to have taken care of it. So starting June 22nd I will be on a cruise with my lovely wife!

Top comments

That seems highly unreasonable. If your company has one, try contacting HR. Whilst your boss signs off your holidays, in some workplaces HR needs to approve them as well (basically to log them). So, they should be able to help.

Comments

Get the vacation refusal (and reason) in writing. Then go over her head.

samomaha 17

Find another job, and quit this one. Preferably without giving notice.

i8cake 12

You should go! Your honeymoon with your wife should stand above a job, especially with a spiteful vindictive boss! Congrats!

Don't you get vacation time at your job? Why didn't you get married after you accumulated enough to take off?

The way the fml is worded suggests she also won't let you have time off for the actual wedding....

Well that sucks. Honeymoons are important, and not just for the couple. Think of the family and friends who get spared the intense nauseation that comes from being in the presence of a pair of loved-up newlyweds for a few days/weeks! Tell her it's for the greater good!

clickme 17

You don't 'Ask' for time off for wedding & honeymoon, you inform your boss of those days you will be away. Simple as that. A day or two prior to your return date, you should call to see if you'll be returning to that job or not. If not, **** them.

I'd start looking for a new job, if she acts this way about a wedding imagine how bad it'll be if/when you have kids and need to take time off for them. FOR GOD SAKES MAN, THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

That's like saying, "I'm a vegetarian so that guy can't eat meat," or, "Gay sex is against my religion so that guy can't marry a dude."