By bingalingading - 12/02/2015 01:44 - United States - Owosso

Today, my boss refused to give me vacation time for my wedding and honeymoon because she didn't have a honeymoon and because of that apparently neither should I. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 959
You deserved it 2 274

bingalingading tells us more.

op here! Turns out I sorta kinda went over her head about it and now my vacation time has been approved! Of course said manager wasn't happy, but of course I went to HR about it and they seemed to have taken care of it. So starting June 22nd I will be on a cruise with my lovely wife!

Top comments

That seems highly unreasonable. If your company has one, try contacting HR. Whilst your boss signs off your holidays, in some workplaces HR needs to approve them as well (basically to log them). So, they should be able to help.

Comments

That makes no sense... Talk about still bitching about it.

PANDORUM89 21

I've honestly never been understood why bosses say no to time requests off if given with more than enough notice. I once requested time off 2 months in advance they approved it then 1 week prior they said no. I still went and I still had a job. my last boss was just too lazy to find coverage so she said no to everyone unless you could pay one of your coworkers to cover for you. if she wants to be a witch like that then just go to HR or just leave and go enjoy yourself. don't let bitter people ruin your life be happy.

You deserve it for working for a stupid bitch

Work for yourself... Then at least you can be in charge of your own sanity!

Sounds to me like you're not telling the whole story OP ?

If my boss said I couldn't have time off for my wedding and honeymoon, I would just give my notice and quit right before the wedding anyway. NO ONE is taking my honeymoon away from me! Especially if they have had plenty of notice. P.s. But then again, I'm only a part timer working in retail, so this job isn't my life or anything. I understand that not everyone could afford to do that. :( Good luck persuading your boss, it sounds like she is jealous.

dragoongirl90 34

That bitch is what's wrong with the world. I'd tell the bitch where she can shove her honeymoon and I'd go anyway.

What a bitch!!! Slap some sense into her. Oh and congratulations on the upcoming nuptials. And I hope you have a wonderful and memorable honeymoon