By wandering_soul - 23/09/2015 18:44 - United States

Today, my boss interviewed a prospective employee, my ex-girlfriend. My psycho ex, a kleptomaniac, thinks she's qualified to be a Security Guard. Her background check agrees. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 643
You deserved it 1 519

wandering_soul tells us more.

OP here! Seeing how the background check was clear, I guess the year and a half she spent locked up in an asylum was sealed. She's genuinely psychotic, and it's not some bad breakup kind of hate. As for the job, she was denied based on the results of her MMPI(a psych evaluation test), which were not disclosed. When I applied, I hated that thing, but now I'm kinda glad we have to take it.

Top comments

Maybe she is a psycho or a kleptomaniac, or maybe she passed the background check because she genuinely deserved to. Just because you had a bad experience with her doesn't mean she doesn't deserve a chance at a job. Of course if you're right then the company will find out soon enough and sack her!

Well if she checks out then that's a tough one, but maybe talk to your boss and even HR and see what you can do to either find someone better suited, or to ensure that you at least won't have to deal with her? Sorry for your luck, OP.

Comments

Make sure that a memo is filed with HR that you warned the boss that you know this woman personally and she has a history of stealing.

Well tell your boss she has some emotional issues which could impact her ability to work.

You don't have any say about who could be hired for a job. You only have right to file a complaint to hr if they harass you

You need to say something. Her background check only means that she hasn't been caught, yet.

Dude...you are a security guard....what kind of people do you expect to work with?

you're not very bright are you? security guards work everywhere and quite a few are highly trained. not ever security guard is a high school drop out like you think

I am not sure if mixing business with pleasure applies here or not

given that all you need to be a security guard is a pulse, she's not exactly wrong

OP here! Seeing how the background check was clear, I guess the year and a half she spent locked up in an asylum was sealed. She's genuinely psychotic, and it's not some bad breakup kind of hate. As for the job, she was denied based on the results of her MMPI(a psych evaluation test), which were not disclosed. When I applied, I hated that thing, but now I'm kinda glad we have to take it.

Wow, if you weren't on the wrong continent that could have been my former roommate.

People lie on those tests i hope you know..

45, the great thing about the MMPI is that there's a scale on it that tells the examiners when you're lying. :)

warn your boss, if you get a word in early your boss may support you if there is a future conflict.