By fightingkittens - 19/11/2010 06:07 - United States

Today, my ballet teacher decided to tell us, in detail, about the nasty staph infection she has on her boob. The whole time, she was scratching it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 413
You deserved it 2 815

fightingkittens tells us more.

Feeling better? It's one thing to talk about the drama in one's personal life, as long as the details aren't too.......well, you get it. It's another thing to talk about a staph infection. I've done research in this field, I know how bad it is. There is no way I could have escaped hearing it unless I had left the classroom; she was out of line here.

Top comments

FML commenters are usually so stupid that their understanding of the differences between they're, their, and there is nonexistent.

ballerinas are usually so skinny that there boobs are non existent

Comments

I don't know how one gets a staph infection there but that sounds hideous. Isn't there an ointment or salve for that sort of thing (DocB!)? FYL, OP. Maybe take a different class until she heals up or give ballet a break for a bit.

Let me try to educate the masses a bit on staph. This will also be in response to #52. Staph aureus is a normal skin bacteria. The variant that typically causes skin and subcutaneous infections is MRSA (methicillin-resistant Staph aureus). The infection can range from cellulitis to a simple abscess (boil) to fulminant bacteremia, a bloodstream infection which can be lethal. The infections are incredibly common - I took care of two abscesses today. In the absence of immune dysfunction (ie AIDS, cancer, diabetes, steroid use), bacteremia is very uncommon, and oral antibiotics should be sufficient to treat cellulitis. Abscesses must be drained (lanced). Bacteremia must be treated with IV antibiotics. I hope that answers everyone's questions. If anyone has others, PM me.

Sounds like a great conversation starter. "Hey Teach! How's the infection on your tit doin'?"

Well thats not gross at all... O_O. I would definitely take my own Lysol wipes to class! Or Clorox? Whichever kills staph..

mintcar 9

She probably had some sort of break on her skin to have caused the infection. The breast is such an odd place though. Lol. It's also pretty contagious, no? She should've spewed such information over the phone.

mikejunior88 4

i dont even know what that is. nor do i want to know.

sourgirl101 28

I guess it's better than her scratching and not having a clue why. Makes you want to wash your hands more often, I bet.

Omg. my best friend in middle school told me she had a staph infection on her boob and there was a hole there and she literally stuck her finger in the hole...So gross. thanks for reminding me...not. X[

yummycupcakegirl 0