By pohoon - 09/03/2016 19:40 - United States

Today, my alarm clock, which was set to play a certain radio station didn't go off. Turns out, yesterday was their 10th anniversary and also the end of their station. I didn't wake up to the white noise until 9. The interview I had spent 3 months preparing for was at 7. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 949
You deserved it 4 281

pohoon tells us more.

Hey! I usually wake up quite early, but I ended up staying up till 11 since I got really nervous. It was my dream job and I messed it up pretty badly. Luckily, they contacted me a week later to reschedule after I embarrassingly told them the honest truth.

Top comments

I agree with #1 and #3 - something that important warrants a radio, a clock, a watch, and a phone call from your mum at 6am sharp! Did your prospective employer let you have another interview, OP?

Comments

What sort of company interviews at 7am. That's just strange not to mention stupid. Probably a banker type crowd.

If this is the radio station you set your alarm to, how did you not realize it was their 10th anniversary? And as others have said, always, always, ALWAYS have more than one alarm. Hope your interviewer let you reschedule.

pandainspandex 19

All these people judging OP for not setting two alarms. How do you know OP can afford two alarms? Maybe OP doesn't have a cellphone. OP is obviously unemployed, I know I've certainly been broke enough that I couldn't afford to buy a second alarm. Things like food, water, rent, electricity come first. This was a once-in-a-lifetime freak occurrence and I feel for you, OP. Hopefully they let you reschedule.

OP is on the internet. Therefore OP has a device that connects to the internet. Therefore OP can us the device that connects to the internet to set a secondary alarm. Simple.

#19, it could be a computer and as far as I know you can't set an alarm on a computer. Therefore they wouldn't be able to set a second alarm.

Go to the google and type in 'free online alarm clock' and see what happens.

usnwife 18

Or you know, he could be using the computer and free internet at the library...? I dont think you can check out a computer to take home as an alarm clock.

There are ten-dollar alarm clocks at walmart. It'd be worth missing a few meals to make sure you can get up for the most important event in three months on time that might dig you out of that financial hole. That being said, hindsight's 20/20.

Shay_Shay97 23

And you never heard in the weeks leading up to this that it would be their last show?

That's just shit luck OP, hope you managed to get your interview rescheduled

If you really need to wake up for something important, set an *alarm* alarm.

And that's why using the radio as an alarm is a terrible idea. It's often not loud enough to wake people, or the music/chatter somehow incorporates itself into the persons dreams. You should have also set a back up alarm, just in case.

moo77_fml 20

It wasn't meant to be .. Listen to the universe.. There is something better out there for you... Good luck with you job hunt :)

always set 2 alarms, or just use a regular alarm clock when it's important, as phones and most newer tech is unreliable at times. Sorry OP, hopefully u can reschedule.