By Anonymous - 10/12/2013 07:38 - United States - Pleasanton

Today, marks my fifth day being an English teacher's assistant. I spent it like the other four days: grading and editing terrible Teen Wolf, One Direction and Doctor Who high school fan-fiction. Six months until I get out of here. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 910
You deserved it 6 312

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Good luck with reading stories that start all innocent, cute and lovely... And always end with gay sex :)

Comments

SuperMew 22

While it sucks for you, I am sure those students are excited to have written anything. In my creative writing class, a lot of people did not know how to create indepth characters, so we started by writing about a character we loved. I am sure the stories are rank with bad writing, but think about how much funny material you will have to share with friends.

I agree. I don't think fanfiction is bad. There can be some amazingly written pieces and it's often a lot easier for kids to get passionate about characters that already exist and have full back stories. I mean, in creative writing for younger kids, tasks are often based on reading a story and then writing "what happens next". I'm not saying it's the best literature in the world, but it's a good first step and an existing framework (characters, their world) for kids to play with other techniques like refining narrative.

I see no problem with the Doctor Who fanfic :D

If you ask me, one direction and teen wolf fan fic doesn't deserve to be in the same category as doctor who

Psycho_Babydoll 26

I can't say I blame them, everything I write is Merlin fanfiction. If it inspires them to write, more power to 'em.

You deserve it. It was your decision to the be there.

FezzesAreCool 18

Doctor Who fan fic can't be that bad, right?

This actually sounds like the coolest teacher ever. If he/she lets you write fan fiction, you could probably get away with writing whatever you wanted. Where do I sign up?

SPN_girl 1

Hate to say it but your FML sounds like the kind of job that I would like to have