By Anonymous - 23/04/2015 12:28 - United Kingdom - Dundee

Today, it was my 18th birthday and I was told I couldn't get the night off work because a party of 34 had booked into the restaurant. It turned out my family had come in to 'celebrate' by making me wait on them. They were a nightmare, thought it was hilarious to be difficult, and didn't tip. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 391
You deserved it 2 820

Same thing different taste

Top comments

As a former waiter I feel your pain. It would be entirely within your rights to not speak to your family for several days.

Okay OP, I promise I'm not being sarcastic or mean when I say this: Happy birthday. I'm sorry your family were horrible to you, but you can get your own back soon!

Comments

Families: who'd have them? Hope you were able to celebrate another night!

That's ******. My family pulled some shit like that on me, there had better be some high-end presents, party, or birthday money waiting on me, or I'd have a disowned family.

That really sucks OP, sorry to hear that. But why would you wait untill (assuming by your wording) the day of to ask for it off?

It could have been a reservation made days before, and the OP could have requested days before, but was denied thanks to the reservation. It can be confusing since all FMLs say "today."

Hey, I just turned 18, too. Anyway hope you can start feeling better soon.

That really sucks, happy birthday to you!!

At least they could have tipped a couple hundred bucks as a birthday present for you.. Shitty family, fyl op

Folks who wait on tables deserve respect--family or not! I hope you have an awesome celebration next year without those jerks!

FYL op, what your family did was totally uncool :-/

PizzaElHutt 7