By Confused
Today, I woke up 2 hours early to go to the physical therapist my doctor referred me to. She did confirm physical therapy will help, but she doesn't treat my issue. She’s also the only person in my city who takes my insurance. FML
Add a comment
You must be logged in to be able to post comments!
Create my account Sign in
Top comments
  Lalala579121  |  27

Therapist: "How much would your insurance cover?"

OP: "About tree fiddy."

It was then that the therapist realized that OP was 8 stories tall and a crustacean from the paleozoic era. That damned Loch Ness Monster had gotten her again.

"Damnit monstah, I ain't givin' you no tree fiddy!"

(I know it's weak but that's the best I could come up with)

By  FoxOne_fml  |  12

That sucks. What kind of injury is it? Sometimes you can use another professional like a chiropractor. Besides that it looks like you either have to pay yourself or go to another city. FYL.

  Allie614032  |  34

^Exactly. Maybe try a different method instead? I have chronic back pain due to scoliosis, and I tried massage therapy, physiotherapy, and acupuncture, none of which helped. Finally I found a chiropractor that does Active Release Therapy, and it's the only thing that relieves some of the pain. Obviously I don't know your actual issue, but it's possible a different type of practitioner could help too.

By  LostInTheZone11  |  28

Wow that sucks. I'm really sorry for you about this. I've been getting PT on and off for since I was a kid by the same therapist. Actually seeing her again as I've been coming off my 19th surgery. Maybe look into nearby cities or something. Hope something turns up and you get better.

By  amazed_71  |  14

Call your insurance company and explain your situation. I had a similar situation. No dr who treated my condition and was within 50 miles accepted my insurance. Cigna negotiated with a Dr in my area to accept the insurance on a single-person basis.

By  faifai_fml  |  21

As someone who's worked for one of the biggest health insurers in America for almost a decade: if no one else in your area will accept your insurance, and she's confirmed that she cannot treat your issue, your insurer will be able to authorize an out-of-network physician to treat you, and create what's known as a "single case agreement", which is basically a one-off contract where the OON physician agrees to treat you & your insurance agrees to pay them the negotiated rate.