By Anonymous - 14/04/2012 16:24 - United States - San Juan Capistrano

Today, I went to a blood drive. The nurse taking my blood mentioned that she'd been called in on her day off, and she swore she wasn't drunk. I didn't know what to do, so I just smiled and blinked back tears as she savaged the vein in my arm. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 820
You deserved it 3 269

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Step 1. Take syringe out of her hand. Step 2. Ask if she'd like to donate blood. Step 3. Regardless of what her answer is, go looking for HER vein. Have fun! And don't blame me for any consequences of your actions!

mhopper 13

Wow. She could have not come in! Is she wearing gloves at least? Who knows what other mistakes she's making! RUN for your life!!!

Comments

thebiglloydtree 12

YDI, you should have reported her to her bosses and asked for someone else to do it.

kelseynikolee_ 7

You can always press charges

Copying me on Fml is never the answer

kelseynikolee_ 7
ExplodingToaster 6

"Lawsuits exist for a reason." Just look a few comments ago, lawsuit and pressing charges are the same thing.

A wee bit full of ourselves, aren't we now #19?

Good point, we can always be grateful for the lack of sparkles in anyone.

People, come on... sparkling vampires, anyone?

stevenJB 25

Lol its funny cuz it had nothing to do with the FML :3

StevenJB - Phlebotomists draw blood. So do vampires. Get it now? Thanks for making me explain it, thus ruining the joke.

She would be drawing blood inside though, thus there would be no way to know if she sparkled unless direct sunlight from a window reached her. Perhaps the nurse really was a vampire and that's why OP's vein was so ravaged.

Epsilonyx 15

40, is your profile picture a hotdog being molested by ketchup?

did she seem intoxicated? if so you definitely should have said something, even if she already had taken your blood. Not that taking blood is rocket science, but **** no! If I ever suspected a medical professional was intoxicated in any way on the job I would report it. You may be fine, but you could be helping out future patients of hers. FYL, OP.

must of been the best time of your life.

Angelrose2004 17

When she randomly mentions that she wasn't drunk, that should have been a major red flag. What sober person would say that at random? Besides my mother...

fromthesuck 8

I'm phobic of any syringe needle. So I always give the nurse one test of faith in their own abilities. I tell them they have one shot to get it right or I sock em in the face. If they go get another nurse I know they weren't right for me. If they stick to their guns I trust em.

#26, I really hope that's a joke and that you don't really say that to any RN...

Punch to the face would have sent the message.

katiebeee 0

That made my arm hurt just reading it :( I'm sorry fyl!

Report her and get her fired. That shouldn't be allowed.