By hollyglambert - 27/03/2016 17:21 - Canada - Victoria

Today, I went on my first date. When we got to the restaurant he started hitting on the waitress. As soon as we sat down he took out his iPod and watched a video, then took out his phone and went on Tinder. Then about a minute before the bill came he dissapeared to the bathroom for 20 minutes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 070
You deserved it 1 950

hollyglambert tells us more.

OP here. Thanks everyone. Don't worry I won't be seeing him again. Also responding to that one guy, I did not expect him to pay the bill however I would have liked to go halves instead of pay for us both. Anyways thanks guys :)

Top comments

The date shouldn't have gone long enough to get a bill. You should have walked when he started browsing Tinder.

If you ever see that guy again, Please kindly beat the shit out of him or have someone else do it if you are unable

Comments

I would have told the waiter/ waitress that he was in the bathroom and would pay the bill, then walked out. I hope your future dating endeavours turn out better OP.

yeah i would have left when he started hitting on the waitress...

AdamTodddBrown 11

Lol you lasted sat through all that?

Why did you stick around? You should have left A.S.A.P.!!

Rammer3500 23

As soon as the ipod came out I would have left.

That sucks OP :/ My first date was pretty rough too, girl brought a hot spot and ipad and tried to get nudes from dudes over omegle

YesIamjudgingU 4

You should have left the bill and walked out while he was in the bathroom.

Why did you bother to stay? You should have walked out

OP here. Thanks everyone. Don't worry I won't be seeing him again. Also responding to that one guy, I did not expect him to pay the bill however I would have liked to go halves instead of pay for us both. Anyways thanks guys :)

wafflelover 15

Wow you are very beautiful and stunning. I would take you on a date and more that guy doesn't know what he had.

ABlindMan 17

Keep it in your pants. An FML about a terrible date is in no way the place for that. Especially with your grammar and spelling.

What's wrong with you #54?! Like seriously, get a ******* life...

Damn #54, you were so creepy that you made OP hide her profile

Disgusting. If I had a date I would treat them like they were the most important person in the world :3

yellowzinnias 20

If he asked you out, he should have paid. If you ask, you pay. That's my general rule.

Yeah since guys ask girls out way more then girls do. No. It should be halves, especially on the first date.

lexiieeex3 32

Lol a first date is literally a date where the guy should pay first.

@wafflelover seriously go outside more and ask out a girl you know, you're being really creepy.

Malsain_fml 10

#89 Says who? Is the girl on a first date selling her time to a guy she does not want to see? Is she gonna suffer or anything? I, as a guy, would strongly dislike for a girl to not pay the first date. As if I were so boring that I had to pay her atention for her to come along. No way.