By hollyglambert - 27/03/2016 17:21 - Canada - Victoria

Today, I went on my first date. When we got to the restaurant he started hitting on the waitress. As soon as we sat down he took out his iPod and watched a video, then took out his phone and went on Tinder. Then about a minute before the bill came he dissapeared to the bathroom for 20 minutes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 070
You deserved it 1 950

hollyglambert tells us more.

OP here. Thanks everyone. Don't worry I won't be seeing him again. Also responding to that one guy, I did not expect him to pay the bill however I would have liked to go halves instead of pay for us both. Anyways thanks guys :)

Top comments

The date shouldn't have gone long enough to get a bill. You should have walked when he started browsing Tinder.

If you ever see that guy again, Please kindly beat the shit out of him or have someone else do it if you are unable

Comments

Same thing happen to me recently. I went on my first date and I noticed he was texting his ex while we were eating and talking. Next week I see him and his ex holding hands . FML

He was carrying around both a phone and an iPod? What is this, 2005?

My phone has nowhere near enough memory space for all my music and podcasts. If I didn't have an iPod I'd have to narrow down my collection so much.

Oh_bother44 11

if I used my phone for music I wouldn't make it through a day without a mid day charge. My car radio is busted so my ipod and speaker act as an improvised music system. If I were using my phone I'd have a dead battery by noon. I love my ipod and I'm going to be really sad when it eventually kicks the bucket. plus it's nice to compartmentalize. Music on one device, games and helpful school apps on another (ipad), texting and phone calls on the actual phone. Every thing has its purpose. Then again, I also still have a digital camera, not "just" the camera built onto my phone. It's several years old and at this point my phone has better quality photos but I just prefer to use the physical camera if I'm going somewhere that I know I'll be taking pictures.

Wow. What an asshole. Makes me want to take you out on a date just to make up for his shitty behaviour! :/

When I go out to eat I don't put up with my companion ******* around on their cell's/ipads/tablets/whatever the hell else they do instead of socializing with the people around them, when that's one reason to eat out together. I have actually just put cash on the table and stood up to leave, and said I hadn't come here to watch them play games in silence on their tablet. Don't put up with that bullocks from anyone.

Haha some experience. Well, good that u learned about that on the first date. Good luck!

ashyash90 8

I wild have told the waitress that he would take care of the check when he got back from the bathroom and then I'd have left!

Paridote 6

total keeper 10/10 best date ever.

Would it kill a women to pick up the bill for once or at least pay for your half? Maybe he realised you were garbage, it happens..