By McChunky =( - 09/03/2009 08:25 - United States

Today, I was with my family at a buffet getting dessert. As I had my chocolate cake in hand, I grabbed an extra slice of cheesecake for my mom because I knew she would like a slice. Upon returning to my table, a couple walking behind me commented, "See, that's why Americans are so obese." FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 043
You deserved it 9 166

Same thing different taste

Top comments

&that's when you should have turned and said, "Actually, this cheesecake is for my mom, and American's are so obese because of restaraunts like this one and you are helping them stay open by eating here. Ever think about that?" and then just walked away. Some people, I swear.

Tucatz 0

"And nosy ignorant loudmouths like you are why the rest of the world hates Americans."

Comments

#8 speaks the truth. Although there are nosy ignorant loudmouths everywhere, they're just more subtle in Canada.

typical Americans, bringing their problems to Canadians

I hate how everyone international alwys thinks americans are all fat assholes. AMEN #8! Everytime someone gives me shit about being an american I usually freak out on them and bring up all the shit their country has done.

Ya, but what has Canada ever done? 

whoisthisgirl 4

Maybe we did, but that was in response to Miley Cyrus

At least you can tell what gender she is when she sings...

This happened to me once at a grocery store. I had the task of shopping for the groceries for my brother's graduation party, since my mom had recently broken her foot. So the cart was full of sodas and chips and all that stuff. Some nosy-ass senior citizen taps me on the shoulder and says, "I can't believe you would buy all that. You might be skinny now, but you'll be fat later in life if you eat that way. You need to rethink your life choices, this is why your generation is getting so fat." He went on for like a full minute about my dietary habits, not noticing that I had a ton of Solo cups, plates, etc. in the damn cart- clearly having a party. I very coldly responded, "A. All this food is for my brother's graduation party- he just graduated from medical school. B. Maybe you should mind your own business and not jump to conclusions. Find a hobby or join the Knights of Columbus, instead of hanging around the Shop-Rite butting into strangers' business, looking to shoplift batteries, dent canned goods for a discount, or whatever it is you seniors do at grocery stores." Maybe it was harsh, but whatever.

Today, like everyday, I ate at some hoosier buffet. FML

hold it is #8 supposed to be a come back?

Again with the "all Americans are fat" bullshit! I for one am very annoyed at the rest of the world for hating us based on stupid stereotypes and generalizations.

Tucatz 0

Yes, that was how I would have responded in such a situation. And, as I'm a man in his forties, I can say it and make it stick. Channelling my inner Jack Nicholson and saying it with an I-don't-give-a-****-about-you smile usually makes them soil their Depends and beat a hasty retreat.

sorry #5, but you said that to someone that actually HAD a brain, their response would go something like, "then why are you here?" you fail. trying using your brain (or lack thereof) next time before typing something stupid