By D - 09/09/2011 09:59 - United Kingdom

Today, I was walking down the street when a police officer started walking behind me with his dog. I sped up and tried to cross the road. He took this as suspicious and got the dog to take me to the floor. I've been afraid of dogs since I was 5. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 252
You deserved it 4 834

Same thing different taste

Top comments

iAmScrubs 19

Yes, I would've preferred it if was something more gentle that had taken me down as well. Maybe a turtle perhaps? Or a sloth?

davidisbeast 12

That sucks .... Maybe you should've told the cop

Comments

bandit1107 6

That suck but it is kinda your fault cause if I was a cop nd u were walking fine nd then sped up I would think u did sometbing wrong also

lilcr8zyazn 0

That's bull crap cops don't have the authority to do that and I doubt u would be putting this on fml if a dog took u down

lol afraid of a dog? ridiculoussss yeah I understand the only breed u can possibly be afraid of is the pitbulls coz they're just naturally violent coz of what happened to that little girl a pitbull runs in and mauls her to death

Although I'm sure you've been flamed already, THEY ARE NOT NATURALLY VIOLENT. Bad PEOPLE choose pit bulls and it gives the breed a bad name. Also, YOU CAN'T BE SURE THAT A DOG IS A PIT JUST FROM THE LOOK OF IT. A study showed that a good 50% of "pit bulls" in a shelter did not have any pit bull genes upon genetic testing. And YES they can genetic test dogs.

Pits are not naturally violent. They're actually a nanny breed, so called because of their natural instinct to protect. They used to be used as a guard dog to protect children. It's the fault of bad humans that they have a bad reputation now. They used to say the same about Dobermans and Rottweilers

If u run from a cop its gonna look suspicious but that is a way over reaction

FYI that's an unlawful search and is unconstitutional, take his ass to court, ******* pig

Cops can be total a-holes. I was just chillin in a field one day minding my own business, taking in the view. Long story short I got my BS in Urban Forestry so nature's my thing, but I guess bummin around on government owned park land is considered suspicious. IDI, because I look like a suspicious character 0.o hmm... Apparently, nature was closed to the public that day.

ThatOneKid_99 2

@#153 Dude i have grown up with pit bulls and never have been bitten by one , although i a have bitten and gotten stiches nuerous times by chihuahuas and daschunds, even once bye a poodle. I didnt even get bit when i stole a pit bull and a cop was across the street with a fat rotweiler tied to a tree. stop being a stereotype, pitbulls are one of the best dogs you can have. #ThinkAboutIt, #GetALife,#PersonalRealShit

kimmiekimmiekong 0

cop did not have probable cause to send that dog off, the cop will get into a lot of trouble.. for ex: they can't just go into someone's car cause they "think" something is in it that is illegal, they need hard core proof that gives them a reason to search the car!

you will note that the OP is from the UK. I usually just read the last few comments by hovering my mouse over the fml ID number for the post, and I saw yours and couldn't resist this: Section 1 of the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 - (1)A constable may exercise any power conferred by this section— (a)in any place to which at the time when he proposes to exercise the power the public or any section of the public has access, on payment or otherwise, as of right or by virtue of express or implied permission; or (b)in any other place to which people have ready access at the time when he proposes to exercise the power but which is not a dwelling. (2)Subject to subsection (3) to (5) below, a constable— (a)may search— (i)any person or vehicle; (ii)anything which is in or on a vehicle, for stolen or prohibited articles or any article to which subsection (8A) below applies or any firework to which subsection (8B) below applies ; and b)may detain a person or vehicle for the purpose of such a search. (3)This section does not give a constable power to search a person or vehicle or anything in or on a vehicle unless he has reasonable grounds for suspecting that he will find stolen or prohibited articles Notice, the police officer at ANY TIME can exercise a search if he has REASONABLE GROUNDS for suspicion, and furthermore MAY DETAIN THE PERSON FOR THAT SEARCH. And in response to your particular piece of bullshit, THAT DOES INCLUDE CARS. Now either learn the law or don't talk shit pretending you know it. And don't give me any crap about how speeding up when you see a policeman with a dog (which can be used to smell drugs) doesn't give him reasonable grounds for suspecting that OP may have had drugs (or other prohibited articles) on him. OP, sorry you were scared of dogs and that this happened. Hopefully it was sorted fairly quickly, dog handlers tend to be the older members of a police force with experience and knowledge (see channel 4 on demand, tv show called coppers, episode 7 about dog handlers)