By freedomofmusic - 14/11/2010 18:54 - United States

Today, I was walking back to campus with my boyfriend when we passed an Irish pub called "Fat Belly's." He put his arm around me, patted my stomach, and said "Yay! It's your restaurant!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 224
You deserved it 7 028

freedomofmusic tells us more.

Hi, I'm the OP. 5'10" and 130lbs... is that fat? Cause that's me. Sure, he was joking, but it still hurt.

Top comments

Remember darlings: Not everyone can take a joke, especially if they have insecurities about their appearance.

I don't see why you girls put up (or put out) for guys like that who keep your self-esteem checked. if you think it's funny, then it's Moran XML and if he's hurting your feelings then your relationship isn't very good with him.

Comments

oh that's not bad he was probably teasing you cause you probably think you're so fat and you're not

I bet youre pregnant. he was complimenting.

frankoline13 0

People need to stop saying that she needs to take a joke or lose weight. People have different personalities and some people don't find jokes like that funny, and I am one of them, even when they aren't being said to me personally. I have a little extra weight on my tummy, I'm comfortable in my body, and my boyfriend loves it. That doesn't mean that it still doesn't hurt when somebody calls you "fat" even jokingly. It brings out that little bit of insecurity that everybody has in them.

Pocahontas22_fml 0

he was probably kidding.. obviously if her bf thought she was fat, he A) wouldn't say that or B) wouldn't be dating her.. op needs to take a joke, and not complain about her funny bf online.

In response to B, **** you. It's people like you perpetuating the "guys don't like fat girls" shit that make it true. Get a life and stop being so damn judgemental. How do YOU know he wouldn't be dating her if she were fat, you dick?

As for A, you also need to realize men say w/e they feel like saying, whether it is smart to do so or not. Not to stereotype, but they rarely realize that those things are offensive to women. Shut up.

You butthurt? Most guys don't date fat girls. Hell, some guys want someone who doesn't weigh more than them. Shocking conclusion, I know. I'm pretty sure her saying "guys don't like fat girls" has nothing to do with the opinion of most guys. In fact, it was most likely influenced by the opinion. Go show off your insecurity somewhere else.

Wait, how does she have a boyfriend if she's fat? (which apparently is the case according to the FML) The guy probably has HORRIBLE taste.

I'm 5'10" and 130lbs... If you think that's fat your standards are insane.

nessalove15 0

you probably are fat. i mean hey hes ur bf and if he said that its prob true. but who knows really it could be a joke.(: have a nice day!

twilightfox 3

I don't see how this is an fml. Your boyfriend was obviously being cute.

Pb25797051 0

86, and 87. You are thr biggest idiot ive ever seen on the internet. Did i say all that ******* shit that you made up? No. I cant help it that im not attracted to them. You obviously are fat

Pb25797051 0

86, and 87. You are thr biggest idiot ive ever seen on the internet. Did i say all that ******* shit that you made up? No. I cant help it that im not attracted to them. You obviously are fat