By freedomofmusic - 14/11/2010 18:54 - United States

Today, I was walking back to campus with my boyfriend when we passed an Irish pub called "Fat Belly's." He put his arm around me, patted my stomach, and said "Yay! It's your restaurant!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 224
You deserved it 7 028

freedomofmusic tells us more.

Hi, I'm the OP. 5'10" and 130lbs... is that fat? Cause that's me. Sure, he was joking, but it still hurt.

Top comments

Remember darlings: Not everyone can take a joke, especially if they have insecurities about their appearance.

I don't see why you girls put up (or put out) for guys like that who keep your self-esteem checked. if you think it's funny, then it's Moran XML and if he's hurting your feelings then your relationship isn't very good with him.

Comments

I don't see why you girls put up (or put out) for guys like that who keep your self-esteem checked. if you think it's funny, then it's Moran XML and if he's hurting your feelings then your relationship isn't very good with him.

Or, the more logic explanation, she has a low self-esteem. I have one (being bullied as a kid, always leaves marks), and whilst I'm in a decent relationship, I still am very insecure. My boyfriend is able to forget that, and sometimes I can laugh with it, but other times...

zp5 4

you know, he is only saying that because he wants to go and eat there.

No, he's saying that because he knows her enough to think she could take a joke. Clearly, she didn't.

at least it wasnt called 'your fathers mustash' fat chicks over hairy chicks any day.

I live by an Irish pub called "Fat Liver" (seriously). I wonder if there's a fat Irish pub for every part of the body. If not I'd like to invite everybody here to my inauguration of my Fat Ass pub. Remember, Fat Ass's always has the best food!

Are there really that many overweight people running around with absolutely no clue that they are fat?

Not really. It's just people think that if you don't have a flat tummy and ribs visible, you're fat. If you have a tummy that sticks out even just a little bit, you're obese. It's sad, really.

I completely disagree with that. Obese is obese, and chubby is chubby. There's a difference, and I think a lot of people recognize that. Having a "fat belly" does not conjure up images of someone that is NOT overweight. A lot of people don't have a perfect, flat tummy, but I certainly don't consider them fat.

Doesn't keep other people from being that narrow, darling.

Even if you're fat and know it, it doesn't mean you like being called fat.

Maybe they should do something about it instead of hoping no one reminds them.

Am I the only one who thought, "hey, maybe she's pregnant and he's joking with her because she is getting a bit of a belly now."

You should of told him that you were pregnant from his best friend because his condom "accidentally" broke. =]

haha I was gonna comment almost this same thing when I read it

Just because you put a smiley face doesn't mean it's a happy ******* comment =]

mintcar 9

Hahaha, he was just being silly.

Fat bitch jk say to him well your penis is the opposite of me its small

sourgirl101 28

I wish mine was Hooters): Ain't no thing like a chicken wing.

hey here's an idea loose some weight and shit like that won't happen.