By Anonymous - 19/07/2015 06:49 - United Kingdom - Middlewich

Today, I was talking to my friend, who was telling me he's having suicidal thoughts lately. He then said he'd be back in a few minutes. Nearly an hour passed. I panicked, thinking he'd offed himself. Several minutes after I called the emergency services, he messaged me, saying "K, back." FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 438
You deserved it 3 229

Same thing different taste

Top comments

jimmer23 21

Good friend. And they have help for people having suicidal thoughts, you probably helped him out quite a bit anyways.

Comments

Murilirum 23

Imagine the reverse end, if the friend DID commit suicide and created a breadcrumb trail for it, yet you did nothing about it, just consider that for a second.

jimmer23 21

Good friend. And they have help for people having suicidal thoughts, you probably helped him out quite a bit anyways.

The only thing is OP should have told someone before it got to this point. Though it may seem you're breaching their trust, if someone confides to you that they've been having suicidal thoughts then you should notify someone who can help. It's the result of mental illness that may only get worse and therefore needs to be treated.

OP just found out it sounds like. Either way informing authorities might make the friend mad but at least he will get offered the help he needs.

That friend will never tell OP anything in confidence again. He might not even reach out to anyone ever. This wasn't a smart move.

You're a really good friend for worrying

You did the right thing, at least it shows you care

Damn it I accidentally bumped YDI on my phone. I really wish you could undo your vote.. Sorry OP, that sucks but at least your friend was alright.

FML devs please let us undo votes, or at least put the buttons side-by-side and not one on top of the other so it's harder to miss! Also try and make it so that the accounts that always put YDI can't vote

You're a good friend and did the correct thing. Now maybe you could help him get some on going help such a a therapist.

Definitely an FML- but it could have been a much worse one. Be thankful.

That was the right thing to do. Everyone involved, emergency services included, will understand.

I always understand. We like it better than the alternative.