By Akoni - 26/03/2015 09:53 - United States - Riverside

Today, I was talking about an essay I'd written for a class that was due to be turned in online days ago. I thought mine was well written and I'd even finished it a couple of days early so I wouldn't forget about it. After a few minutes of talking and feeling proud, I realized that I forgot to turn it in. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 437
You deserved it 9 197

Akoni tells us more.

I don't know if this will show up as an OP blue comment since I've never done this, but yes. I'm the OP haha. So yeah I finished the paper before it was due but I didn't turn it in because I wanted to read it over again the next day just in case. Little did I know I would forget about it completely. (I was busy studying for a bio test and quiz all weekend) I finally realized I didn't turn it in about 4 days after it was due online. I talked to my prof. and he said it should be okay. Keyword "should." He hasn't graded it yet so I don't know if he took points off. Anyways, yes I deserved it haha.

Top comments

You is kind. You is smart. You is important...You is forgetful.

Sometimes it's good to set yourself reminders and triple check when it comes to handing stuff in :)

Comments

JustinJK 21

Omg. This is the worst. This actually happened to me this semester, but it had been 3 weeks. I saw that I got a zero grade for a big paper and I was like "what?!". I'm not sure what happened, but I was sure that I had turned it in. The professor was really nice and allowed me to turn it in though. haha. good luck on the grade.

Was it an essay on time management, prioritization, and organizational strategies? If so, your thesis may already be suspect

Why didn't you turn it in as soon as you'd finished?

That's what I want to know. Maybe the teacher/professor doesn't accept early papers though.

I've been there too, unfortunately. It's a pretty devastating realization. With that said, YDI. No project is complete until the recipient has it in hand. At least you have no one to blame but yourself.

Talk to your teacher about it. They might understand, especially if it's digital. You could show them the file and prove it was done by the due date.

I feel your pain! At my school the teachers looovveee Google Classroom, and it is so easy to forget to turn projects in... ....

Ouch did you try talking to the professor sometimes they're understanding

Oh no! Unfortunately, brains can be scumbags :( You could try speaking to your professor. If you can prove that it was completed by the due date they MIGHT be lenient. Worth a shot at least.