By Anonymous - 28/03/2017 03:29 - United States - Chicago

Today, I was sitting in my last class of the day, after being on campus for 8 hours, when I glanced down and noticed I was wearing two different colored flip flops. I'd given two class presentations and had a meeting with my conducting professor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 337
You deserved it 1 771

Onigori tells us more.

Hi there, OP here. The meeting was impromptu and sprung on me last minute, so I had no control over that. As for the presentations, they weren't huge ones so I wasn't expected to dress up at all, but I would have liked to at least wear matching shoes.

Top comments

Considering that giving presentations and going to meetings in flip flops is already unprofessional, I don't think it's the mismatched colours that make you deserve this.

Gave 2 presentations in flip flops?...

Comments

SushiMonster555 2

This one is so bad it must be true. Why does wearing two different colored sandals even matter? Either nobody cared or people will think you did it on purpose, because people do that as a stule choice.

When I worked as a sales rep, one time I looked down and saw I was wearing two different shoes! One was a thong and the other a leather flat. I had been into a few shops and done a few pitches and no one noticed at all. I hate shoes will I am driving and I had two pairs in the car. So I was auto-pilot. I park, grab shoes and put them on and the grab my sales kit. I felt so stupid, but like I said no one noticed!

Wearing proper closed shoes in a car is a safety concern. If you ever need to do a very hard braking maneuver you will notice that you cannot nearly apply as much pressure to the pedal without shoes. Wear proper closed shoes while driving! Open toe can get caught under the pedal when you're in a panic situation, open heel will allow you to lose the shoe and getting it wedged under or between the pedals ... speaking of unwanted acceleration...

Gave 2 presentations in flip flops?...

That's "in" right now.. for kids. Who cares....

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Considering that giving presentations and going to meetings in flip flops is already unprofessional, I don't think it's the mismatched colours that make you deserve this.

Hi there, OP here. The meeting was impromptu and sprung on me last minute, so I had no control over that. As for the presentations, they weren't huge ones so I wasn't expected to dress up at all, but I would have liked to at least wear matching shoes.

Flip Flops are not "shoes". I don't think it is socially acceptable to wear these things in public, unless you are either on a beach or traveling to or from there. Of course you should never wear these things driving a vehicle, due to the dangers associated.

2 presentations and flip flops - YDI!!!! And this one is supposed to be the educated one.

If you didn't have to be formally dressed for your presentations and they were the same shoe in different colors, you should be fine. Mixing flip-flops was a trend when I was in high school.

Why would you even wear flip flops when you were doing two presentations and had a meeting with an important official?