By Bebbo - 20/09/2014 01:20 - Canada - Toronto

Spicy
Today, I was hit with a sudden onset of diarrhea and had to use the washroom on the train. As soon as I pulled down my pants, my worst nightmare came true, as someone opened the door and exposed me to the other passengers. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 641
You deserved it 5 080

Bebbo_fml tells us more.

Hey guys, op here, the GO train and Via Rail have washrooms. In this case the GO, this particular washroom was on the first level in front of the entrance to the train. And yes the washroom has a lock and I thought I had locked the door, even tested it. Mind you, the passenger who opened the door seemed to have put a lot of strength behind opening the door. So people beware, the go locks aren't that strong!

Top comments

This is why you always lock the door before doing your business.

I'm sure the passengers had nightmares too lol

Comments

Damn people don't have manners, who doesn't knock. Then again it sounds like you just got in there, so the person who opened the door must of been an oblivious not noticing you race in there lol.

I'm assuming there is a lock and no matter how bad you had to go it takes a fraction of a second to lock it. You don't want situations, use the organ inside your head... Yes it sucks to be you but 100% your fault.

if your ass is about to explode, your main concern is going to be getting it over a toilet

Sometimes locking the door isn't always the easiest thing to do... It'd be awfully embarrassing to have him shit his pants while locking the door then unlocking it and walking out and making everyone gag, plus, the person may have shut it right away meaning that not everyone actually saw him. The pressing need might be a bit too pressing to lock the door

FML_14u2c 14

So that was you on the GO train? (At least we now know why they're called "go" -- because when you've really gotta...)

songofroyalty 6

newsflash..EVERYONE *****! There's nothing embarrassing about it lol!

There's a lot to be embarrassed about, actually. Pants round your ankles with nothing to cover yourself up with, unless you're an exhibitionist nobody likes feeling exposed, especially unexpectedly. Even if the act of going to the toilet doesn't embarrass them, having your ass and genitals very likely on show to a bunch of strangers likely would. Not to mention the sounds and smells which some people find embarrassing even in their own home with the doors shut, especially when both are significantly more violent due to an upset stomach. I notice you're a male, for females this is often a very touchy and embarrassing subject, given certain social stigmas and expectations. Surely you've heard the "women don't shit" comment men come out with like it's some hilarious joke memore than once. It is treated much more of a shameful thing for a woman to do or be open about than a man. Clearly you've never been in a women's public toilet, i think a lot of men would be surprised if they heard the nasty comments some women come out with. I've experienced many times someone walk in and shout as loud as they can "EW, some dirty bitch has had a shit in here!" Or laugh and comment how disgusting and embarrassing it is when a woman in another cubicle accidentally farts while urinating, which is uncontrollable for women given the seated position to urinate. They hang around in their groups waiting outside the cubicles to see who the woman is who farted/shit, then give them dirty looks and make further nasty comments to/about them between themselves. You'd think they'd committed some god awful crime the way they get judged by some, hence how it can lead to it being really embarrassing when you simply cannot avoid going in public, for fear of how malicious and bitchy women can be, and how some men will act like it's disgusting and off putting and unattractive to experience a woman do that, even though they obviously know they do.

I feel like you've had some bad experiences in public washrooms.

Unfortunately, yes, i have. I have really bad social anxiety, plus OCD about using bathrooms, which has on multiple occasions gone badly for me. It takes me longer than your average woman to go for a wee because i have to do it in a ritualised way to placate the OCD. Many times during school, with maybe 3 working cubicles between the potential 500 plus females who could need to use them in the 5 minutes they were open at break time, i often came out to a long queue of tutting, accusation throwing girls. Given i was the resident nerd, i already got bullied at the best of times by a lot of these girls, and their dirty looks, staring, "What were you DOING in there" and "Took you long enough, did you have a shit?" comments followed by their nasty giggling, caused me a lot of embarrassment, nearly every day, for years. Not that you actually wanted to know that.

Wow, I'm really sorry, Ms.Katieface, I can somewhat relate to your experience, kids can be cruel. Hope you don't let it get you down. I admire your bravery for talking about this.

The washrooms are usually in the back of a train so I doubt very many people even saw, don't worry too much, OP!

Here in the UK they tend to be right in the middle of the train where they are busiest. Our train toilet doors also have electronic rather than manual locks, not sure if that's an international thing. A lot of people don't realise the lock button is separate from the close door button, and on older trains with the old green and red buttons, red meant unlock while green was lock, people used to confuse them due to the tiny writing and assume red meant locked (bit like red is stop with traffic lights), and in either case mistook the door as locked when it wasn't. A few times i found the lock actually wasn't even working despite pressing the right button. As such I've seen my fair share of surprised exposed shitters. In the end me and my sister used to just stand right outside for each other and tell anyone approaching it was in use, so that way it didn't matter if we hadn't mastered the electric door system.

Huh, cool! I've never been to England, so I didn't know about that, I know when I lived in the States it was typically in the back, (for a bus at least, trains weren't really a thing in the part of the country I lived) and the trains here in Canada where I am now don't have washrooms at all as far as I know, nor do the buses. I guess it must vary.