By crispyjello69 - 19/06/2016 23:02 - United States - Central Islip

Today, I was going to take my father to dinner for Father's Day. It all would have gone according to plan, but he saw my Facebook post about a 12-hour stomach virus I had yesterday, so he went out fishing with his friends instead without telling me because he didn't want to catch my "disease." FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 086
You deserved it 1 834

crispyjello69 tells us more.

I put it on Facebook to see if anyone had any recommendations besides just trying to stay hydrated. I didn't list my exact symptoms, because let's just face it that's gross! It would have been nice if my father asked how I was feeling or talked about rescheduling, but neither happened! It will be a conversation for another time!

Top comments

Koizumiii 23

Stomach viruses can be contagious for up to a week so I don't blame him especially as someone who has emetophobia. Maybe he does too?

That's actually somewhat reasonable minus the fact that he didn't tell you. He should have rescheduled for sure. So yes, certainly FYL, OP.

Comments

SmittyJA24 26

Don't put so much personal information on Facebook.

bronxiecat777 14

Why would you post that on Facebook? I'm not sure your friends would want to hear about it. Be careful of oversharing.

middlenamefrank 8

Hey, it's his day. Good for him doing what he wanted to do.

It definitely sucks that he didn't tell you. Sounds like the way my dad would manage canceling on me. That said, though, I agree with his reasoning because I went through the reverse. My dad once forced me to interact with my (much younger) sister one day when she had a stomach virus, claiming that it only affects children and elders anyway. Unsurprisingly, the next day, I went out on a date to a beer tasting and had to leave -- nobody else knew that I was suddenly vomiting all over the restrooms because I was sick and not because I was drunk (I'd only had time to drink half of one beer!)

sounds like you both went fishing, except you were fishing for attention

LAURA_EL_JUICE 6

One of the many reason I dont have family on my facebook.

I'm pretty sure your "12-hour virus" was actually food poisoning...theres actually studies that say 24 hour bugs dont exist, so i would imagine neither do 12. Also, why would you post that?? No one wants to hear about your vomiting and/or diarrhea on Facebook.

asm9296 3

Why would you put that on Facebook?

Ydi for posting everything on social media. No one has real conversations anymore because we know everything about each other reading each other's posts like diary inputs.