By Kannachan13 - 28/08/2013 23:02 - United States - New York

Today, I was fired when a customer called corporate, saying I was unprofessional and rude. The "customer" in question was my little sister, who I would not let buy beer with a fake ID. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 339
You deserved it 3 085

Kannachan13 tells us more.

Op here. It's an at will state, and the store had a strict please-all-guests policy. From what I was told it was out of my bosses hands as they actually called corporate and there was no proof it was her. As far as parents well I doubt anything will come of that

Top comments

Surely they have to keep a record of who the complainant is??? And when the alleged incident occurred? Her childish behaviour warrants her being dragged by the ear to your head office to please explain.

Did they not know who filed the complaint or why the complaint was really sent? Because they should probably check that out first... Bring your sister to your boss to explain what she did, why she did, and to apologize.

Comments

Aw, c'mon!!!! Are your ex-employers really that stupid?

What, you would not sell your sister the beer for her lemonade stand? How rude! In all seriousness though I am sorry. FYL.

rawrjuju 5

If you got fired for a corporate complaint, there probably was an investigation and they look at the people in charge evaluations and previous complaints. Usually you wouldn't be terminated for one complaint unless in was a dire situation.

Axel5238 29

Exactly, a cashier at the local a&p here is a former cop and very by the book. However, her she tends to come off as very short tempered and even rude at points and has had numerous complaints. I've never had an issue with her, but I really doubt 1 complaint would get you fired. The company may have been looking to let someone go and it is possible they have had other complaints. I don't see this happening over 1 incident.

You deserve it. You should have let her buy it you prick.

marinewife01 16

I would say let your parents handle her when she gets home, but if she's trying to acquire alcohol with a fake ID from her own sister and subsequently gets her fired I don't think much parenting is happening. Sorry Sis.

nurchok 15
jsc9306 14

Little sister needs a kick in her ass.

She can buy it from the lemonade stand

At a past job of mine coworkers would call the line on each other, either bc they didn't like someone or on a friend as a joke. Fortunately management knew and would give people a break the first time they got a call.